CIMA Professional Development Modules
CIMA Diploma Qualifications
Applications Now Open
The following modules are available for the forthcoming academic session.
Commencing 16 September 2019
- BA3 - Fundamentals Of Financial Accounting (BS1317)
- E1 - Organisational Management (BS2370)
- P1 - Management Accounting (BS2371)
- E2 - Project and Relationship Management (BS3370)
- P2 - Advanced Management Accounting(BS3371)
Commencing 2 December 2019
Commencing 2 March 2020
- BA2 - Fundamentals Of Management Accounting (BS1316)
- Integrated Case Study - CIMA Operational Level (BS2373)
- Integrated Case Study – CIMA Management Level (BS3373)
Commencing 25 May 2020
Find out more about the Syllabus on the CIMA website
The University regularly reviews its courses. Course content and structure may change over time. See our course and module disclaimer for more information.
The modules are taught online through CampusMoodle, the university's virtual learning environment. Online learning offers you the flexibility of where and when you can study.
CampusMoodle offers full online access to tutors and other class members. You have the benefit of being part of a group of learners with the invaluable opportunity to participate in active, group-related learning within a supportive online community setting.
- Live virtual workshops
- Discussion forums - student and tutor led
- Up-to-date web technology for delivery methods
- User friendly material
All learning outcomes will be assessed by an exercise requiring the design of a records management strategy.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
There are no entry requirements for students studying certificate level CIMA exams i.e. C01, C02, C03, C04, C05. However, you must demonstrate the ability to communicate and write Business English.
You must pass all certificate level CIMA exams (i.e. hold a CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting) or have the appropriate exemptions prior to undertaking operational and management level subjects.
Please note: The University does not take any responsibility for ensuring you are registered with CIMA and checking the correct exemptions are in place OR for entering you for the CIMA examination.
Distance Learning Full-time 2019/20
- Fundamentals of Business Economics BA1 (BS1315) - £770
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting BA2 (BS1316) - £770
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting BA3 (BS1317) - £770
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law BA4 (BS1318) - £770
- Organisational Management CIMA E1 (BS2370) - £615
- Management Accounting CIMA P1 (BS2371) - £615
- Financial Reporting and Taxation (BS2372) - £615
- Integrated Case Study – CIMA Operational Level (BS2373) - £465
- Project and Relationship Management CIMA E2 (BS3370) - £615
- Advanced Management Accounting CIMA P2 (BS3371) - £615
- Advanced Financial Reporting CIMA F2 (BS3372) - £615
- Integrated Case Study – CIMA Management Level (BS3373) - £465
The following course-related costs are not included in the course fees:
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
The virtual learning environment and online library provided a one-stop-shop for everything I needed to know as a student.
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
The university has moved to home teaching and working following official COVID-19 guidance from the Scottish Government. Our staff will continue to process applications and respond to enquiries about your course during this time.
Applicants can apply direct to the University using our online form.
Have a question about the modules? Get in touch with the team and we'll do our best to help.