Workplace Risk Management
Short Course - 15 points at SCQF level 9 | ECT points 7.5
On completion of this module, you are expected to be able to:
- Examine the foundations of Health and Safety
- Discuss health and safety legislation, and policy
- Apply the risk assessment process
- Explore the principles of collaboration to enhance the risk management process
- Critically analyse the application of risk management within the workplace
This module is delivered through online methods including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums. You will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
This course is assessed through written assignment.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
On successful completion, credits can be used within the Professional Studies Framework to gain academic award:
Normally, you are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, you are encouraged to make contact and discuss your circumstances.
FOR SESSION 2018/2019
UK/EU students: £625
International students: £1,000
The following course-related costs are not included in the course fees:
- The cost of books that you may wish to purchase. Find your reading list by module.
- Accommodation and living costs
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Apply for School of Nursing and Midwifery short courses by requesting an application pack by email.
Have a question about the course? Get in touch with the Nursing CPD team and we'll do our best to help.