Country Specific Information
The University offers a range of highly ranked and accredited courses which provide an excellent profile to our students. Our Omani students tell us they find Aberdeen a safe and friendly cosmopolitan city that caters for all lifestyles, tastes and cultures.
Robert Gordon University are recognised by The Government of the Sultanate of Oman for Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
Please note that this information is intended as a guideline and allows you to broadly compare your qualifications to the British qualifications specified on the course pages of this website. Some courses may require a higher standard of English than stated in this page. Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications or work experience may be taken into consideration.
- Applicants with a General Secondary Education Certificate (Shahadat-Al-Thanawia-Al-A’ama) with a minimum 60%, or the General Education Diploma, may be considered for entry through our International College (ICRGU) at Robert Gordon University
- Applicants with a Diploma of 2 or 3 years duration post high school, with a GPA of 2.3 / 4.0 or grade C+ may be considered for year 1 entry.
- Applicants with a Higher College of Technology Advanced Diploma, may be considered for Year 2 entry
- Applications will be considered on a case by case basis, please contact Admissions for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants who do not hold an International High School qualification will be expected to undertake a pathway programme at our International College
Most undergraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
- Applicants with a Bachelor Degree from a recognised institution with a minimum CGPA 2.3/4.0 or grade C+ may be considered for Year 1 entry
- A small number of University postgraduate programmes require a minimum of second class upper classification, or an equivalent. Please refer to the relevant course page
- Applicants with lower qualification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis. Contact Admissions for information: email@example.com
- Students who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme through our International College at Robert Gordon University
Most postgraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English Language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
Your chance to meet RGU staff to apply for a course or discuss an existing application.
We visit countries around the world at various times of the year. We also provide opportunities for you to chat to us online. Our regular web chats make it easy for you to connect with us from your own home.
If no visit is scheduled in your country, please contact the International Team and we will be happy to help you.
Scholarships & Funding
We have a wide range of scholarships are available to international students, find out if you are eligible for support for your country.
Scholarship or funding options may have additional eligibility requirements, however you may still qualify for support. Contact the International Team for further information, or search all Funding and Scholarships.
Available Scholarships & Funding for students from Oman
- Alumni Loyalty Discount
- Bureau Veritas
- Chevening Scholarship
- Common Data Access Ltd Scholarship
- Emergency Loan Fund
Agents in Oman
These are our university-approved agents in Oman. In addition to our Admissions Office and International Team, they are available to help you with any enquiries and help with the submitting your application.