Emergency Loan Fund
You can apply to the University for an Emergency Loan if you suddenly find yourself in financial difficulty.
Awarding BodyRobert Gordon University
ValueDependent on individual circumstances
As these funds are extremely limited, the maximum loan that can be made is capped at £600.
Emergency loans are available on a discretionary basis to assist students with an immediate financial crisis.
Emergency loans are not grants and must be repaid nor are they a solution to long term underfunding or cash-flow problems.
Emergency loans are interest free. A repayment date will be agreed, taking into account when future income is expected. It may be possible to set up a repayment plan.
Students who fail to repay an emergency loan may:
- experience registration delays
- be refused future loans
- be referred to the University's External Debt Collection Agency to recover the outstanding sum and this may adversely affect your credit rating. You will also be liable for any additional recovery costs.
Eligible Countries of Residence
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
If your country is not listed, you may still be eligible for this loan.
Mode of Attendance
- On Campus
- Online Learning
Mode of Study
- Full Time
- Part Time
- All Subjects
You should familiarise yourself with the following terms and conditions before applying for an emergency loan:
- Emergency loans are only issued to registered students
- Emergency loans are only issued for essential maintenance costs such as food, travel to and from University, essential medical costs and essential consumables/toiletries.
- Emergency loans will not be issued to fund tuition fees, library fines or any other fines which could have been avoided.
- if you are in the final year of your course you are not eligible to apply for an emergency loan after your course end date regardless of graduation date.
- additional information may be requested to support your application.
How to Apply
Students requiring an Emergency Loan can find out more and apply on AskRGU: