Find out the latest guidance and information about the impact of COVID-19 on the University.
RGU SPORT Scholarship
Awarding BodyRobert Gordon University
ValueFinancial assistance is awarded to support travel, training, equipment and competition expenses accrued during the academic year.
RGU SPORT offers a number of sports scholarships to promising sports men and women to support them in developing their talents and succeeding in their chosen sporting field whilst undertaking academic study.
The annual scholarships are designed to help students in every aspect of their pursuit of sporting excellence. The scholarship is not primarily concerned with offering financial assistance to recipients, but is tailored to meet individual needs on a case by case basis.
Scholarships are designed to help students in every aspect of their pursuit of sporting excellence. Whether this is through their sporting development, academic success, or development of the individual through the higher education experience.
Scholarships are offered on an annual basis to athletes who are at, or close to, national standard in their given sport.
Financial assistance is awarded to support travel, training, equipment and competition expenses accrued during the academic year.
All Scholars will receive a membership to RGU SPORT and have access to the facilities for the duration of the scholarship. A full range of services are also available to the Scholar which include:
- Fitness Testing and Anthropometry
- Academic success support
- Networking opportunities
- Professional Support from RGU SPORT Staff
- Academic flexibility
- Sports Performance Workshops including:
- Nutrition workshop and consultation
- Performance lifestyle
- Physiotherapy profiling
- Strength and conditioning
Eligible Countries of Residence
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
If your country is not listed, you may still be eligible for this scholarship.
Mode of Attendance
- On Campus
- Online Learning
Mode of Study
- Full Time
- Part Time
- All Subjects
In order to qualify for consideration of a scholarship award you must be:
- an enrolled student of the University engaged on at least a part time course at undergraduate, post graduate or research level; or
- a prospective student of the University awaiting confirmation of award of a place; or in exceptional circumstances, a former student of the University who graduated within the last 12 months
- Competing at a level that will not only increase the standards of athletes within RGU but also the level of representation for the university within the sporting landscape
How to Apply
- Online application due by 1 August
- Video Application due by 31 August
- 1-2-1 Interview Meeting by 31 September
Applicants will be asked to get creative and show how they feel they can impact the Scholarship program and how it will help them through their sporting journey with a short video.
As a high performing athlete, it is important to develop skills that are incorporated within performance lifestyle, this will be an integral part throughout the Scholars program.
All applicants will meet with an RGU SPORT member of staff to discuss their performance and academic goals. During this interview the expectations of Scholars will be outlined and agreed upon.
Please send completed applications to:
RGU Sports Scholarship
Telephone: 01224 263666