Awarding BodyUK Government
ValueFull Scholarship (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included)
Deadline5 November 2019
Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders.
Awards are typically for a one year Master’s degree and cover tuition fees and a contribution towards living costs.
This scholarship typically opens for applications in November for entry the following September, please visit the chevening website for specific dates.
Eligible Countries of Residence
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
This scholarship is available to all Chevening Countries, if your country is not listed, please check their website to see if your country is eligible.
Mode of Attendance
- On Campus
Mode of Study
- Full Time
- All Subjects
Only ‘Chevening’ countries are eligible, a full list of eligible countries can be found on the Chevening website:
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 11 July 2019
- meet the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019
How to Apply
Apply via the relevant country page on the Chevening website.
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.