We are ranked as the Top Modern (post-1992) University in Scotland (Complete University Guide 2021). Our applied learning, strong industry links, state-of-the-art facilities and demand driven courses will ensure you have a fantastic experience at university, while gaining the knowledge and skills required for a successful career.
All of our courses will provide you with practical, hands-on learning and teaching experiences.
- Awarded a Gold Rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), placing us in the top 20% of the best universities in the UK for the quality of our undergraduate teaching and learning
- 3rd in Scotland for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2019)
- 3rd largest UK provider of distance learning Master’s courses (HESA 17/18. Data based on FTE calculations of first year UK students)
Whether you are looking for a job during your studies or after you’ve graduated, or you want to switch or advance your career, we will ensure you are ready to succeed in the world of work.
- Top in Scotland for graduate employability with 97.6% of respondents entering employment and/or further study within 6 months of graduating (2016/17 DLHE survey, HESA 2018)
- 2nd in the UK and 46th in the world for graduate employment (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020)
We continually engage and build upon our industry links to ensure our courses are demand driven, of the highest quality and tailored to meet the current and future needs of employers. Many of our courses will offer you the opportunity to undertake a period of work experience or placement, collaborate with businesses on live projects and attend industry guest lectures and masterclasses, providing you the chance to make connections and network with potential future employers.
- 1st in Scotland and in the top 10 in the UK for good industry connections and high-quality facilities (The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018)
With huge advancements in technology, we will equip you to be much more resilient and adaptable to disruptive changes in the industry. Innovation and entrepreneurship are threaded throughout everything we do, where we will provide you with the transferable skills, enterprising knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to adapt to changes throughout your career.
- Our launch of the RGU Startup Accelerator contributed to our recognition by the Herald Higher Education awards for outstanding business engagement
We’ve invested £120 million in the development of our campus including modern, purpose-built facilities, industry standard equipment and dedicated study spaces. You will benefit from these exceptional facilities by undertaking industry-level projects and study in an environment that encourages independence and innovation.
Aberdeen is a cosmopolitan, creative and connected place – with people from across the world working and studying here. There is something for everyone, and with over 16,000 students, you will be part of a lively, vibrant, student friendly city with great culture, shops, restaurants, live music, bars and nightlife. Aberdeenshire has a stunning coastline with vast, spectacular sandy beaches and picturesque fishing villages, and with 300 castles, stately homes and ruins dotting its landscape, it is unsurprisingly known as ‘Scotland’s Castle Country’.
- Aberdeen is named as the best Scottish city and in the top 10 in the UK to live and work in (Demos-PwC Good Growth for Cities Index November 2019)
- Aberdeen is ranked as the joint most affordable city in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2019)
- Aberdeen is in the top 10 best student cities in the UK (QS Top Universities 2019)
- Aberdeen is the 3rd best city in the UK for millennials (Totally Money 2019)
- Aberdeen has retained its Purple Flag status for the city’s evening and night-time economy for the 7th year in a row. Areas awarded the Purple Flag standard are recognised for providing a vibrant and diverse mix of dining, entertainment and culture, while promoting the safety and wellbeing of visitors and local residents.
We teach over 300 courses, covering a wide range of subjects. Find out more about our highly ranked courses:
Accounting and Finance
- 1st in Scotland for overall satisfaction in Accounting (National Student Survey 2019)
Architecture, Construction and Surveying
- 2nd in Scotland for Building (Complete University Guide 2021)
Art and Design
- 1st in Scotland for Art with 100% course satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- 1st in the UK for satisfaction on assessment and feedback (Guardian University Guide 2020)
Business and Management
- 2nd in Scotland for overall satisfaction in Business Studies (National Student Survey 2019)
- 2nd in Scotland for overall satisfaction in Management Studies (National Student Survey 2019)
Communications and Media
- 1st in Scotland for upper earnings in Communications and Media 1 year after graduation (LEO 2019)
- 1st in Scotland for student experience in Communication and Media Studies (The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide 2020)
- 4th in Scotland for % of graduates in sustained employment, further study or both, 3 years after graduation (LEO 2019)
- 1st in Scotland and 3rd in the UK for upper earnings in Engineering 1 year after graduation (LEO 2019)
- 1st in Scotland for overall satisfaction in Electronic and Electrical Engineering (National Student Survey 2019)
EVENTS, TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY
- 3rd in Scotland for Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism (Complete University Guide 2021)
HEalth and Sport Sciences
- 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK for Health Professions (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- 1st in Scotland for Physiotherapy (Complete University Guide 2021 and The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide 2020)
- 1st in Scotland for Radiography (The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide 2020)
- 100% of our Sport and Exercise Science graduates were in sustained employment, further study or both 1 year after graduation (LEO 2019)
- 2nd in Scotland for median earnings in Law 1 year after graduation (LEO 2019)
Pharmacy and Life Sciences
- 1st in Scotland for graduate prospects in Pharmacology and Pharmacy (Complete University Guide 2021)
- 1st in Scotland for Food Science (Complete University Guide 2021)
- 2nd in the UK for Occupational Therapy (Complete University Guide 2021)
Nursing and Midwifery
- Joint 1st in Scotland for graduate prospects in Nursing (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- 2nd in Scotland for upper earnings in Nursing 1 year after graduation (LEO 2019)
- 1st in Scotland for overall satisfaction in Social Work (National Student Survey 2019)
- 2nd in Scotland for course satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- 16,000 students
- 11,000 undergraduate students
- 5,000 postgraduate students
- 147 nationalities represented on campus