Country Specific Information
As many of our students are already in the UK and looking for support with continuing their studies here, we have a number of UK based agents on hand to help.
For students in the UK already who would like to visit the campus we would be delighted to show you around, or give you the opportunity to meet with RGU staff, please just get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please note that this information is intended as a guideline and allows you to broadly compare your qualifications to the British qualifications specified on the course pages of this website. Some courses may require a higher standard of English than stated in this page. Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications or work experience may be taken into consideration.
RGU has a pathway college on campus called ICRGU (International College Robert Gordon University). However, we also accept students from other recognised foundation courses in the UK, such as Kaplan, Bellerbys, INTO, Studygroup and NCUK.
Please contact the University or one of our local agents if you would like more information on whether the course you have studied would be eligible for direct or advanced entry.
Pre-masters and Foundation students
For students who hold a pre-masters please apply either on the website or through one of our agents who will be able to advise you, if you would like advise from RGU directly, you can send your transcripts and documents through to firstname.lastname@example.org
For students looking to study pre-masters then please visit our partner college ICRGU:
ICRGU offers alternative entry points into Robert Gordon University, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Courses are specifically matched to RGU's degree programmes, but are taught in smaller classes with a more tailored approach.
English language exemptions for the following:
- Successful completion of a UK Masters degree, whilst studying in the UK, for at least one full academic year or more
- Successful completion of a UK Bachelor Honours degree, whilst studying in the UK for at least one full academic year or more, at 2:2 level or above
Students coming from a pre-masters or foundation programme in the UK may also be considered for English language exemption provided they have reached a level appropriate for their chosen course of study. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
Your chance to meet RGU staff to apply for a course or discuss an existing application.
We visit countries around the world at various times of the year. We also provide opportunities for you to chat to us online. Our regular web chats make it easy for you to connect with us from your own home.
If no visit is scheduled in your country, please contact the International Team and we will be happy to help you.
Scholarships & Funding
We have a wide range of scholarships are available to international students, find out if you are eligible for support for your country.
Scholarship or funding options may have additional eligibility requirements, however you may still qualify for support. Contact the International Team for further information, or search all Funding and Scholarships.
Available Scholarships & Funding for students from United Kingdom
- Aberdeenshire Educational Trust
- Adult Dependants’ Grant
- Alumni Loyalty Discount
- Baillie Gifford Access Scholarship
- Banffshire Educational Trust
- Budge Foundation Access Scholarship
- Bureau Veritas
- Care Experienced Accommodation Grant
- Carnegie Trust for the Universities in Scotland
- Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland – Vacation Scholarships 2020
- Childcare Fund
- Childcare Grant
- CNR International - Barbara Rae Memorial Scholarship
- CNR International - Cliff Murray Scholarship
- Common Data Access Ltd Scholarship
- Dependent Students’ Grant
- Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)
- Discretionary Fund
- Emergency Loan Fund
- ICAS Foundation Awards for Accounting and Finance
- Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust
- Maintenance Loans - England
- Nursing & Midwifery Bursary
- Parents’ Learning Grant
- Part Time Course Tuition Fee Grant - Scotland
- Part Time Course Tuition Fee Loans and Grants - England, Northern Ireland & Wales
- Postgraduate Tuition Fee and Living Cost Loans - Scotland
- RGU Financial Award for Full time on Campus Undergraduate Courses - England, Wales & Northern Ireland
- RGU SPORT Scholarship
- Royal Caledonian Educational Trust
- Sparrows Group
- Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) Register of Endowments
- Sutherland Page Trust
- Total Computing Scholarship
- Tuition Fee Grant - Wales
- Tuition Fee Loans - Northern Ireland
Agents in United Kingdom
These are our university-approved agents in the United Kingdom. In addition to our Admissions Office and International Team, they are available to help you with any enquiries and help with the submitting your application.