Country Specific Information
RGU welcomes many Canadian students to our beautiful riverside campus every year.
RGU’s many different societies, sports clubs and social activities allow you to get involved in the Scottish culture, and to attempt to master the local dialect! Just don’t forget to remind the locals that the weather is nothing compared to the famous Canadian winters!
Aberdeen is in a great location to allow students to explore not only Scotland but the whole of the UK, and our international airport means that many students can take advantage of a short trip to Europe out with term time.
- RGU is ranked 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK for Physiotherapy (Complete University Guide 2020).
- The RGU Aberdeen Business School is accredited by AACSB International (AACSB), an accolade achieved by only 5% of global Business Schools.
Please note that this information is intended as a guideline and allows you to broadly compare your qualifications to the British qualifications specified on the course pages of this website. Some courses may require a higher standard of English than stated in this page. Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications or work experience may be taken into consideration.
- We welcome applications from Canadian students with secondary school and high school diplomas as standard entry qualifications to our undergraduate courses. Our entry requirements vary slightly between provinces, but as a general rule, we would be looking for 65% in four grade 12 subjects
- Students who have completed a college diploma or advanced diploma could be eligible for advanced entry into our undergraduate courses. We have some partner colleges in Canada where we have already matched a progression route, if your course or institution is not there however we would be happy to look at your transcripts on a case-by-case basis for advanced entry
- Applications will be considered on a case by case basis, please contact Admissions for information: email@example.com
- Applicants who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be considered for entry through our International College at Robert Gordon University
Most undergraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
- Baccalaureat/Bachelor Degree with or without Hons
- First professional Degree/ Grade Professionnelle - Grade B or CGPA 3.0/4 where a 2:1 is required, or a 2.5/4 or grade C+ for a 2:2
- A small number of University postgraduate programmes do require a minimum of second-class upper classification, or a CGPA 3.0/4.0 or Grade B (please refer to the relevant course page)
- Applicants with lower qualification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis. Contact Admissions for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme through our International College at Robert Gordon University
Most postgraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English Language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
Partnerships allow international students to start a degree with RGU from an equivalent entry point.
If your course is not listed but your institution is a partner of Robert Gordon University, you may still be entitled to the scheme. Please contact email@example.com
We have mapped courses from our partner institutions into our 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of undergraduate study depending on their entry level, and graduate diploma level for students with a relevant graduate certificate. We also off an international partnership scholarship in recognition of our valued relationship with our partner institutions, that is automatically applied as a fee discount.
Terms and conditions
- Students entering year 2 of an undergraduate degree with RGU are entitled to apply for a paid working placement in their 3rd year of study (if their course of interest offers this option) this allows students to pay minimal fees for their 3rd year, and gain paid work experience before returning for their 4th and final year. This placement is closely monitored by the course tutor and advice on placements can be provided by our careers and placement team.
- Students who enter 3rd year of an undergraduate degree with RGU will attend the academic (taught) 3rd year option, but they will have the option to leave at the end of the 3rd year with a general degree in just one year. Students who choose to complete the 3rd and 4th year will leave the university with an honours degree. Students intending to study only for the 3rd year should state this at the point of application.
- Students who enter 4th year of an undergraduate degree with RGU will also attend an academic taught year.
Partner Colleges and matched RGU Courses:
- Bow Valley College (PDF 54KB)
- College of New Caledonia (PDF 47KB)
- Durham College (PDF 52KB)
- Fanshawe College (PDF 48KB)
- Fleming College (PDF 62KB)
- Georgian College (PDF 58KB)
- Humber College (PDF 67KB)
- Lethbridge College (PDF 48KB)
- MOHAWK College (PDF 10KB)
- North Island College (PDF 49KB)
- Nova Scotia Community College NSCC (PDF 70KB)
- SAIT Polytechnic (PDF 55KB)
- Selkirk College (PDF 7KB)
- Seneca College (PDF 67KB)
If you are looking to study at RGU as part of the Study Abroad programme rather than undergraduate or postgraduate application, find out more:
Your chance to meet RGU staff to apply for a course or discuss an existing application.
We visit countries around the world at various times of the year. We also provide opportunities for you to chat to us online. Our regular web chats make it easy for you to connect with us from your own home.
If no visit is scheduled in your country, please contact the International Team and we will be happy to help you.
Scholarships & Funding
We have a wide range of scholarships are available to international students, find out if you are eligible for support for your country.
Scholarship or funding options may have additional eligibility requirements, however you may still qualify for support. Contact the International Team for further information, or search all Funding and Scholarships.
Available Scholarships & Funding for students from Canada
- Alumni Loyalty Discount
- Alumni Loyalty Discount - Enhanced for Summer 2020 Graduates
- Bureau Veritas
- Canada Student Loans Program
- Chevening Scholarship
- Common Data Access Ltd Scholarship
- Emergency Loan Fund
- Ontario Students Assistance Program (OSAP)
- RGU International Student Discount for Master's Students
- RGU International Student Discount for Research Students
- RGU International Student Discount for Undergraduate Students
- RGU SPORT Scholarship
- Saltire Scholarship
- Scholarships for our international partner institutions
- Sparrows Group
- Total Computing Scholarship
- Vice-Chancellor's Undergraduate Scholarship
Agents in Canada
These are our university-approved agents in Canada. In addition to our Admissions Office and International Team, they are available to help you with any enquiries and help with the submitting your application. Although they are all based in Ontario, our agents can advise students from all Canadian provinces.