Evaluating Research and Evidence to Advance Practice
Short Course - 15 credits at SCQF level 11 | ECTS points 7.5
Applications Now Open
- The integration and relation of research methodologies and designs of available evidence in a selected area of practice
- How to formulate research questions and justify different research designs and methods to answer specific questions in their area of practice
- How to reflect upon governance issues and ethical considerations in practice
- How to appraise processes for data management and analysis relevant to their area
- How to evaluate strategies for disseminating and implementing evidence in practice
The University regularly reviews its courses. Course content and structure may change over time. See our course and module disclaimer for more information.
The course is delivered by a lecturer with a 35 year nursing career.
This module is delivered through online methods including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums. You will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
This course is assessed through written assignment and oral presentation.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
This module is suitable for registered nurses, health and social care professionals and other individuals who work with people who have diabetes, their families and/or carers, either on an individual basis or within a group setting.
Normally, you are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, you are encouraged to make contact and discuss your circumstances.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Apply for School of Nursing and Midwifery short courses by requesting an application pack by email.
Have a question about the course? Get in touch with the Nursing CPD team and we'll do our best to help.