You will be invited to register for your specific Graduation by email. Registration for ceremonies opens 2-3 months before the ceremony date.
Registration is essential even if you do not wish to attend the award ceremony.
You should register as soon as possible after you receive graduation information.
Don't wait until you have received your results as this may be too late.
If you have already registered and need to change your details, please complete the online form:
Graduating without attending the ceremony
Registration is essential even if you do not wish to attend the ceremony (i.e. graduate 'In Absentia'). Students who have selected not to attend will have their award conferred in their absence and the certificate will be mailed to you.
- Students on linked degree/honours degree courses who have completed the ordinary degree stage of their course but who will proceed to the Honours year of the course in the next session.
- Students on MSc courses should not graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate if they are continuing to the Master's level stage.
If you do graduate at any of the above exit points then proceed immediately to the next stage, your first certificate will have to be returned and the graduation fee will be charged again at the next graduation opportunity.
Award Certificate Names
Names on your degree certificates have to be the same as on your birth/marriage certificate because some professional bodies may reject the degree certificate if the name is different.
Because seating is limited, we allocate two guest tickets each (if requested during registration). Based on final numbers of graduating students we will allocate more where possible. Additional tickets requested will be allocated by ballot. Students do not need to order tickets for themselves.
Ticket allocations will be available approximately 7-10 days before the ceremony. Students can choose to collect tickets from the University (location to be confirmed), or have tickets posted to a UK address.
- Read registration information and register online
- Return all library books prior to the ceremony
- Clear any outstanding fees or charges owed to the University library or accommodation services
- Order academic dress
- Order photography pack
- Check date and time of graduation ceremony & plan to arrive 1 hour in advance
- Find out what the Alumni Network, Library Service and Careers Centre can offer you