Country Specific Information
Our students from Singapore students enjoy the benefits of our small and supportive classes. This allows them to receive a high level of guidance and support from their academic expert lecturers which enhances their learning experience and often accelerates their commercial awareness.
Aberdeen is the Energy capital of Europe, so is the right choice for many students from Singapore who want a career in the energy sector, whatever their degree is. Alongside our excellence in energy, our long-standing tradition in the fields of health and social care, business and the creative industries also means our Singaporean graduates are highly sought after in these sectors too.
Aberdeen is compact and vibrant city with over 25,000 students. This means our students from Singapore enjoy living in our lively, multicultural student-friendly city, with great shops, pubs, nightlife, live music and gigs.
Please note that this information is intended as a guideline and allows you to broadly compare your qualifications to the British qualifications specified on the course pages of this website. Some courses may require a higher standard of English than stated in this page. Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications or work experience may be taken into consideration.
- Students applying from Singapore for an undergraduate course with qualifications from any international high school (i.e. A levels or International Baccalaureate) are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions. Visit the course page for entry requirements
- We also consider applications from students who have taken Singapore/Cambridge GCE A Levels at H2 – equivalent to our UK A Level/Scottish Advanced Higher. Refer to our UK A level grades for entry to year 1, where course permits (H1 equivalent to UK AS Level) Entry to year 2 may also be possible
- Advanced entry into Year 2 is possible for students who have a Polytechnic Diploma at C+ / good credit / 65 – 69 / 2.5 from one of the 5 National Polytechnics. Unless applying for a course at RGU where regulations from the Professional Body do not allow advanced entry (i.e. Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Diagnostic Radiography, Nutrition and Dietetics and Pharmacy)
- Applications will be considered on a case by case basis, please contact Admissions for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants who do not hold an International High School qualification will be expected to undertake a pathway programme at our International College
Most undergraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
- Students applying from Singapore for a postgraduate course, a 4 year Bachelors degree awarded by NTU, NUS or SUSS (Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore and Singapore University of Social Sciences). Grade 3.0/4.0 or 3/5 is required
- Applicants with lower qualification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis. Contact Admissions for information: email@example.com
- Students who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme through our International College at Robert Gordon University
Most postgraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English Language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
Your chance to meet RGU staff to apply for a course or discuss an existing application.
We visit countries around the world at various times of the year. We also provide opportunities for you to chat to us online. Our regular web chats make it easy for you to connect with us from your own home.
If no visit is scheduled in your country, please contact the International Team and we will be happy to help you.
Scholarships & Funding
We have a wide range of scholarships are available to international students, find out if you are eligible for support for your country.
Scholarship or funding options may have additional eligibility requirements, however you may still qualify for support. Contact the International Team for further information, or search all Funding and Scholarships.
Available Scholarships & Funding for students from Singapore
- Alumni Loyalty Discount
- Bureau Veritas
- Chevening Scholarship
- Common Data Access Ltd Scholarship
- Emergency Loan Fund
- RGU International Student Discount for Master's Students
Agents in Singapore
These are our university-approved agents in Singapore. In addition to our Admissions Office and International Team, they are available to help you with any enquiries and help with the submitting your application.