Country Specific Information
RGU has firm links with Nigeria and as such an active Nigerian student population both on campus and in our Alumni. Our industry led courses give students the opportunity to be ready to enter their chosen profession with ease.
This document is not currently fully accessible, we are working towards resolving any issues.
Please note that this information is intended as a guideline and allows you to broadly compare your qualifications to the British qualifications specified on the course pages of this website. Some courses may require a higher standard of English than stated in this page. Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications or work experience may be taken into consideration.
- Students with qualifications from any international high school are expected to have results comparable to students from UK institutions
- Students with WAEC / WASSCE will be considered for entry through our International College at Robert Gordon University
- Students with a HND will be considered. Please note that Diplomas or Advanced Diplomas are not considered comparable
- Applications will be considered on a case by case basis, please contact Admissions for information: email@example.com
- Applicants who do not hold an International High School qualification will be expected to undertake a pathway programme at our International College
Most undergraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
- A 4-year degree with a minimum of a second class lower classification with CGPA 2.40, or an equivalent
- A small number of University postgraduate programmes do require a minimum of second class upper classification, or an equivalent (please refer to the relevant course page)
- Applicants with lower qualification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis. Contact Admissions for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme through our International College at Robert Gordon University
Most postgraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English Language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
Partnerships allow international students to start a degree with RGU from an equivalent entry point.
If your course is not listed, but your institution is a partner of Robert Gordon University, you may still be entitled to the scheme. Please contact email@example.com
Terms and conditions
- Students entering year 2 of an undergraduate degree with RGU are entitled to apply for a paid working placement in their 3rd year of study (if their course of interest offers this option) this allows students to pay minimal fees for their 3rd year, and gain paid work experience before returning for their 4th and final year. This placement is closely monitored by the course tutor and advice on placements can be provided by our careers and placement team.
- Students who enter 3rd year of an undergraduate degree with RGU will attend the academic (taught) 3rd year option, but they will have the option to leave at the end of the 3rd year with a general degree in just one year. Students who choose to complete the 3rd and 4th year will leave the university with an honours degree. Students intending to study only up to the 3rd year should state this at the point of application as it will affect their visa.
- Students who enter 4th year of an undergraduate degree with RGU will also attend an academic taught year, and will have only one opportunity to re-sit assessments. Please refer to the academic regulations for full details.
Your chance to meet RGU staff to apply for a course or discuss an existing application.
We visit countries around the world at various times of the year. We also provide opportunities for you to chat to us online. Our regular web chats make it easy for you to connect with us from your own home.
If no visit is scheduled in your country, please contact the International Team and we will be happy to help you.
Scholarships & Funding
We have a wide range of scholarships are available to international students, find out if you are eligible for support for your country.
Scholarship or funding options may have additional eligibility requirements, however you may still qualify for support. Contact the International Team for further information, or search all Funding and Scholarships.
Available Scholarships & Funding for students from Nigeria
- Alumni Loyalty Discount
- Chevening Scholarship
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Emergency Loan Fund
- International Fund
- International Students Emergency Fund
- NCUK Scholarship
- Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
- Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
- PhD Studentship - Reducing the Population Impact of Hip Fractures in Aberdeen
- RGU Financial Award for MBA Students
- RGU International Student Discount for Master's Students
- RGU International Student Discount for Research Students
- RGU International Student Discount for Undergraduate Students
- RGU International Student January Scholarship for Master’s students
- RGU SPORT Scholarship
- Scholarships for our international partner institutions
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TET Fund Nigeria)
- Vice-Chancellor's Undergraduate Scholarship
Agents in Nigeria
These are our university-approved agents in Nigeria. In addition to our Admissions Office and International Team, they are available to help you with any enquiries and help with the submitting your application.
- ABCD Education Services
- Agon Place Ltd
- Ama Dove Nigeria
- Avail International Consult
- Craydel Inc
- Crownhub Consulting
- Dahenric Crest Consult (DCC)
- Dave Abion Consulting
- Diamond Giant Consulting
- Foster Global Placement Services
- Glee Education
- Glory Educational Services
- GoldenBee Educational Services (email only)
- Gryn Index Initiative
- Jestone Education
- Jokings Educare
- Logroplus Consulting Limited (email only)
- MARG Education
- Midstrom Ridge
- Mod Education
- M-Renoy International
- My International Office
- Opulence International Consult
- QS Apply
- Regal Uno Consulting (RUC Education)
- Sable International
- SolomonWord International Education (SWIE)
- Study Across Globe
- TG Marchnata (TGM Education)
- Tor Rise Consultancy
- VisaGate Consulting
- World Student Advisors