Country Specific Information
Our strong links with industry means that many of our courses are designed by those working in industry, who actually inform course content by the skills they require from our graduates.
This has helped us gain an impressive international reputation for providing top quality education relevant to the needs of today's employers and employees.
Our students also have the opportunity to balance their study with part-time work to help develop their interpersonal and professional skills.
Students from Nepal will also find that Aberdeen already has a small, well established Nepalese community like the Nepalese Himalayan Association Scotland which welcomes our students and organises various social events throughout the year.
Please note that this information is intended as a guideline and allows you to broadly compare your qualifications to the British qualifications specified on the course pages of this website. Some courses may require a higher standard of English than stated in this page. Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications or work experience may be taken into consideration.
- Students with Higher Secondary Education Board Examination with grade A*-C. Grade 2.4/4.0 / C+ / Satisfactory.
- Students with Proficiency Certificate (only when offered in Academic subjects) comparable to Scottish Higher at A*-C/9-4. Grade 2.4/4.0 / C+ / Satisfactory.
- School Leaving Certificate Examination (Grade XI & XII) with every subject passed with minimum grade C (GPA2.0) or Grade 2.4/4.0 / C+ / Satisfactory.
- Diploma (from Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)) comparable to BTEC National Diploma. Pass at 2nd division/50-64% required.
- Applications will be considered on a case by case basis, please contact Admissions for information: email@example.com
- Applicants who do not hold an International High School qualification will be expected to undertake a pathway programme at our International College
Most undergraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
- Master's degree (following a three-year Bachelor degree) which is comparable to a UK Bachelor (Hons) Degree. Pass at 60% and above / 2.8/4.0 / Grade B required for 2.2 or 70% and above / 3.2/4.0 / B+ for 2.1.
- Graduates with a Bachelors degree of at least two years duration, followed by a Master’s degree will be considered.
- Bachelor degree (in medicine / dentistry / veterinary science) equates to Bachelor Honours Degree at 60% or above or 2.75 or above.
- Applicants with lower qualification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis. Contact Admissions for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme through our International College at Robert Gordon University
Most postgraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English Language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
Your chance to meet RGU staff to apply for a course or discuss an existing application.
We visit countries around the world at various times of the year. We also provide opportunities for you to chat to us online. Our regular web chats make it easy for you to connect with us from your own home.
If no visit is scheduled in your country, please contact the International Team and we will be happy to help you.
Scholarships & Funding
We have a wide range of scholarships are available to international students, find out if you are eligible for support for your country.
Scholarship or funding options may have additional eligibility requirements, however you may still qualify for support. Contact the International Team for further information, or search all Funding and Scholarships.
Available Scholarships & Funding for students from Nepal
- Alumni Loyalty Discount
- Alumni Loyalty Discount - Enhanced for Summer 2020 Graduates
- Bureau Veritas
- Common Data Access Ltd Scholarship
- Emergency Loan Fund
Agents in Nepal
These are our university-approved agents in India. In addition to our Admissions Office and International Team, they are available to help you with any enquiries and help with the submitting your application