Country Specific Information
RGU provides a range of courses with an internationally recognised accreditation and our students gain a high professional profile thanks to our embedded courses and our strong links with industry.
Please note that this information is intended as a guideline and allows you to broadly compare your qualifications to the British qualifications specified on the course pages of this website. Some courses may require a higher standard of English than stated in this page. Applications are considered on an individual basis and other qualifications or work experience may be taken into consideration.
All applicants may be considered for entry through our International College at Robert Gordon University
Year 1 entry
- Students with qualifications from any International High School qualifications (eg. A Levels or International Baccalaureate) are expected to have comparable results to students from UK institutions
- Students with the Senior High School Graduation Examination (Hui Kao = SQA Higher) at an average score of 65% or higher
- Students with National College Entrance Exam NCEE (GAO KAO = A Level) = 60% or 400/660
Year 2 Entry
- Students with Gao Kao at 70% or 465/660 (see full grade system for all provinces)
- Students with International High School = A Level or IB - match to our year 2 grades
Most undergraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
- A four-year Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised "211" or "985" university with an overall average of 65% (4 point scale 64-67% = C- and 5 point scale 60-74% = C)
- 70% is required from all other recognised universities in China
- Students who hold a three-year college Diploma from a recognised institution will need to successfully complete a pre-master’s programme in China or the UK to be considered for entry
- A small number of University postgraduate programmes do require a minimum of second class upper classification, or an equivalent (please refer to the relevant course page)
- Applicants with lower qualification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis
- Students who do not meet our direct entry requirements may be able to undertake a pre-masters programme through our International College at Robert Gordon University
Most postgraduate courses require an IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area. Some courses require a higher English Language score. Always check the relevant course page and our English Language Requirements page before applying.
RGU has mapped courses in the following institutions for 2+2 entry, if your course or institution has not yet been mapped however, we would be happy to look at your transcripts for advanced entry on a case-by-case basis. Please contact email@example.com
Institutions which have a pre-agreed articulation route with RGU are:
- China University of Petroleum - Huadong
- China University of Petroleum - Beijing
- Central University of Finance and Economics
- Southwest University
- Guangzhou University of Science and Technology
Your chance to meet RGU staff to apply for a course or discuss an existing application.
We visit countries around the world at various times of the year. We also provide opportunities for you to chat to us online. Our regular web chats make it easy for you to connect with us from your own home.
If no visit is scheduled in your country, please contact the International Team and we will be happy to help you.
Scholarships & Funding
We have a wide range of scholarships are available to international students, find out if you are eligible for support for your country.
Scholarship or funding options may have additional eligibility requirements, however you may still qualify for support. Contact the International Team for further information, or search all Funding and Scholarships.
Available Scholarships & Funding for students from China
- Alumni Loyalty Discount
- Alumni Loyalty Discount - Enhanced for Summer 2020 Graduates
- Bureau Veritas
- Chevening Scholarship
- Common Data Access Ltd Scholarship
- Emergency Loan Fund
- GREAT Scholarship 2020
- RGU International Student Discount for Master's Students
- RGU International Student Discount for Research Students
- RGU International Student Discount for Undergraduate Students
- RGU SPORT Scholarship
- Saltire Scholarship
- Scholarships for our international partner institutions
- Sparrows Group
- Total Computing Scholarship
Agents in China
These are our university-approved agents in China. In addition to our Admissions Office and International Team, they are available to help you with any enquiries and help with the submitting your application.
- Index Education Services
- Ivy Education
- Merrill Link International Education Ltd
- Power Academy
- Shanghai Horizon Consulting Co Ltd
- Shinway International
- UK Education Advisory Services (UKEAS)
- UK Visa and International Education Centre
- UKUNI Edtech
- Wiseway Global Ltd
- Xinquan Global Education Co., Ltd