Document Control Foundation
Short Course - SCQF Level 9 (5 credits)
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Energy & Petroleum industry (processes and terminology) and the Information Management context for Document Control
- Identify and evaluate technical document types and their relationships in the document hierarchy
- Identify the stages in a project lifecycle and the role and impact of document control at each stage
- Describe and evaluate the organisational policy, strategies and procedures which govern document control processes
There are 8 study topics:
- E&P Overview
- Introduction to Information Management
- Basic Processes
- Technical Document Types
- The Project Lifecycle
- From Policy to Procedures and Processes
- The Impact of Document Control
Modules and delivery order may change for operational purposes.
You will study web-based materials and completion of online assessment tests via the university’s online learning environment, CampusMoodle.
Attendance at the University is not required.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
Those who have studied this professional development course feel it has improved their understanding of the area.
You do not require any formal academic qualifications. You should be a new entrant to the Document Control function in an Oil and Gas Company or Contractor.
All international students, for whom English is not their first language, should have either IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL. You should note that modules taken through Professional Development@RGU are not eligible for Tier 4 sponsorship.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Register direct to the university using our online application form.
Applications close 1 week prior to the start of the module.
Have a question about a Professional Development course? Get in touch with the team and we'll do our best to help.