- Pathophysiology processes of minor illnesses.
- History taking and holistic assessment across the lifespan.
- Evaluation of assessment and examination, considering differential diagnosis in relation to minor illness management.
- Evidence based practice, clinical decision making and legal and professional issues relevant to the role of the nurse within a minor illness setting.
The module is delivered using online methods (including online chat and discussion forums). Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
The mode of assessment is a written assignment that will demonstrate achievement of the module learning outcomes.
Self-study time is an important part of your success. You will be considered to have strong organisation and self-direction skills.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
On successful completion, credits can be used within the Professional Studies Framework to gain academic award.
You should be a healthcare professional and will normally be able to demonstrate evidence of SCQF level 9 learning or equivalent. However, you are encouraged to make contact and discuss your circumstances.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Apply for School of Nursing and Midwifery short courses by requesting an application pack by email.
Have a question about the course? Get in touch with the Nursing CPD team and we'll do our best to help.