Minor Illness Management
Short Course - 15 Credits Level 9 |15 Credits Level 11
- Legal and professional issues relevant to autonomous practice
- History taking and clinical assessment across the lifespan, including caring for pregnant patients and patients with mental illness or cognitive decline
- Differential diagnosis, clinical decision making and applied evidence based practice
- Clinical examination skills covering ENT, respiratory, musculoskeletal, GI and GU systems and common dermatological presentations
- Pathophysiology of minor illnesses
This module is delivered using a blend of face to face (5 single study days) and online methods including online chat and discussion forums. You will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
This course is assessed through written assignment.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
You should be a healthcare professional and will normally be able to demonstrate evidence of SCQF level 9 learning or equivalent. However, you are encouraged to make contact and discuss your circumstances.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Apply for School of Nursing and Midwifery short courses by requesting an application pack by email.
Have a question about the course? Get in touch with the Nursing CPD team and we'll do our best to help.