Primarily, the role involves working with us to promote the university at a range of events throughout the year. Duties may include:
- Representing RGU on campus at our Open Days/visit afternoons/applicants days
- Visits to local secondary schools alongside members of our marketing team.
- Representing RGU at external events such as Careers Fairs
- Hosting campus tours
- Contributions to the RGU Student Blog
- Assisting us with a variety of administrative tasks.
This is an extremely flexible role with the number of hours varying from month to month. We allow students to work as much as they feel able, fitting in with course work and exam schedules. As well as gaining excellent experience for your CV, Student Ambassadors will be paid an hourly rate of £9.30. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the role, we cannot guarantee a set number of hours per month.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and a covering letter to the Schools Liaison team: firstname.lastname@example.org
"A fantastic opportunity to earn extra money in a way that is flexible around your studies and a great addition to your CV when you graduate. If you're interested in welcoming good students onto campus and think that you can positively represent the university, this job is definitely for you."
- John Doran, BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science
"I love being a student at RGU and so I am very proud to be a Student Ambassador. Meeting new people at Open Days and helping visitors decide they might want to join RGU is very rewarding."
- Jessica Knox, BSc (Hons) Forensic and Analytical Science