Our Careers Consultants offer confidential, impartial, one-to-one appointments to support you to:
- explore your career options
- source vacancies for part-time jobs, internships and graduate roles
- prepare your CV, cover letter and application forms
- prepare for interviews and assessment centres
- explore postgraduate study options
- develop your personal statement and elevator pitch
- successfully apply for placement and study abroad opportunities
Current students can book a virtual careers appointment via AskRGU and, once booked, will receive a confirmation email. Appointments are usually available Monday - Friday. If you cannot find an appointment to suit your needs, contact the careers team via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and arrange a mutually suitable time.
For prospective students or alumni, the Careers Team offer 30 minute in person or virtual careers appointments arrange via email email@example.com. Careers advice and guidance can also be provided by telephone, email, or Zoom.
It is advisable to spend some time prior to your appointment to think about what you would like to get out of the session. A wealth of resources are available on RGU eHub which you can use to get you started on your career journey, including many practical tools.
If you would like a CV check, bring a draft copy of the CV with you so that the careers consultant can read it, offer feedback and you can make notes to develop it after the session if necessary.
In addition to individual appointments, careers consultants offer workshops as part of many academic courses. We urge you to attend these when they are offered as they form a key part of careers learning at RGU. Wider workshops and careers events are also offered. These are advertised through RGU eHub Jobs where you can sign up to all relevant events as well as being advertised via our LinkedIn and Facebook pages.
RGU eHub is a comprehensive online careers information and advice resource to support RGU students with all aspects of your career journey including:
- The Career Tracker self-assessment tool, allowing you to evaluate your career confidence and provide you with targeted information and tools to enhance your employability
- A range of specially designed programmes, including the RGU Employability Award, to support and enhance your employability with a focus on: understanding and developing your skills; working out your career options and getting the job you want
- A comprehensive library of tools including: CV builder and CV 360, cover letter builder, an interview simulator and an assessment centre tool
- A wide range of self-assessments and interactive quizzes designed to help you better understand your strengths, motivations, learning styles and temperament
- International information on issues such as sourcing global job opportunities and rules for working in the UK for international students
- Careers-related advice and information articles and videos.
Current students can use RGU eHub practical tools as and when you need to acquire or build the skills to succeed within your course and make a successful transition from university into the workplace.
RGU eHub Jobs is a searchable vacancy database which allows you to source part-time jobs, internships and graduate job vacancies. You can also find employer events, including on-campus talks and careers fairs through RGU eHub jobs. The Company Directory, an employer database, provides key information on top employers to inspire your job search.
You can download the RGU eHub app onto your phone or tablet so that you can access it on the go.
The Careers Team are happy to meet with prospective students and their supporters to provide information and advice on the likely career outcomes of our courses and support you in making the right choice of course that will help you realise your career expectations.
To arrange a careers conversation as a prospective student or applicant, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to RGU eHub resources, which are exclusively for RGU students and graduates, there are a wide range of open access career resources available to support and assist with your career research, planning and job search including:
- Partnership Action for Continuing Employment (PACE)
Advice to help you deal with redundancy, understand your rights and find out where to get support.
Search for placements and jobs, research company reviews, salaries and benefits, and read interview questions from employees themselves. Free access for RGU students.
- Guardian UK 300
A list of the most popular graduate employers as voted for by students and graduates. Find information on a range of graduate schemes and jobs.
- The Job Crowd
Search for graduate jobs, research graduate employer reviews, salaries and benefits, and read interview and application tips.
Search for graduate jobs and schemes, internships and placements by sector and location.
- Graduate Prospects
Search for graduate jobs and work experience. Prospects also provides a range of career and job related advice relating to CVs, Cover Letters, Interview Tips as well as information relating to what you can do with your degree.
- Target Jobs
Search for graduate jobs, schemes and internships by career sector. Target Jobs also provides further information relating to career planning, applications, interviews and many other areas.
- Times Top 100
A list of the top 100 graduate employers as voted for by graduates. Find information on a range of graduate schemes and jobs.
- Wiki Jobs
Search for graduate schemes, receive job alerts, read company reviews and learn about interview questions.
Contact a member of the careers team:
- Email email@example.com
Current students can book appointments, ask a new questions and get an immediate answers from our list of frequently asked questions: