Services that we provide include:
- Digital reproduction of single and colour work
- Large format colour output
- Banner stands
- Offset printing of single to full colour work
- Finishing and print brokerage
- Photography - see our portfolio at Zenfolio
We can assist you in the planning and production of all your design and print requirements from business cards to brochures and from questionnaires to signage. When you initiate a works order let us know when you require the finished product and we will do whatever is possible to help meet your deadlines.
The department employs 16 highly skilled members of staff that are all proficient in their own field of expertise producing work to conform to the University Corporate Identification.
Studio Manager/Senior Designer
All requests for any design or print-related jobs MUST be submitted in the first instance to the Graphics and Printing Department at the Gatehouse.
Staff at the Gatehouse will then make the decision as to whether the in-house facility can produce the required product - it is generally in the University's best interests that as many as possible of the job requests are completed in-house and this will remain the preferred option.
If the Gatehouse design and print your job in-house, as is usually the case, the work details are recorded on the database for shadow-costing purposes. However, only the consumable costs incurred in producing each job are actually recharged against the appropriate budget code with all labour costs being covered by the University.
On occasions when the Gatehouse are unable to do the work - perhaps as a result of job size, timescales or existing workload - the Print Manager will arrange for external quotations to be provided as appropriate with the full cost being recharged to the customer.
The University utilises a compliant Printing and Binding/Finishing Framework Agreement, Advanced Procurement Universities and Colleges (APUC) and the Print Manager will seek quotations from all capable print providers on the agreement.
We are rolling out a new system of online ordering, while also taking orders via the current form system.
Ordering using download forms
Please read these notes thoroughly before completing your order form.
- Please email the order form as an attached file to the dedicated address - firstname.lastname@example.org together with any additional file(s) relating to the order.
- The customer reference number should be self generated using your login ID followed by the date i.e. cpscs dd/mm/yy
- A separate order form is required for each item requested
- Please send us a hard copy sample or mock-up whenever possible (quoting customer reference number) either by internal mail or email.
- Hard copies of the order form should not be sent via internal mail as this may lead to a duplication of your order
- The order form should accompany all work being commissioned by The Gatehouse - Design and Print Agency (photocopying, design, printing and finishing)
- Please ensure that all sections are fully completed to avoid mistakes. Lack of full information can cause delays in the production of your work
- The account code must be completed. Any requisitions received without a cost centre reference will be returned to the sender
- Material submitted for photocopying must comply with the copyright regulations and the copyright agreement (available upon request)
- Should you require assistance with the completion of this form or need clarification on the best way to have your work produced then please give us a call on 01224 262945
Design & Print
This form to be used primarily for work to be produced from customers brief to create corporate design, litho print and finish by conventional means.
As part of the University environmental and sustainable responsibilities, all copying will be produced double sided unless specific instructions are provided to the contrary.
How to Supply Files
Guidance on the format and set up instructions of files before you send them for print.