Both these surveys are anonymised and help provide employability information used by prospective and current students, careers advisors, the University and the government to make key decisions and improve courses.
Six months after you graduate, RGU staff from the Employability team will be in touch for our internal Leaver Survey, asking how you are getting on and whether you need any career-related guidance.
Graduate Outcomes survey
Our ambition is that every student who studies at RGU goes on to a successful and professional career.
The Graduate Outcomes survey, run by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), takes place fifteen months after graduation and will ask questions about your employment/further study since university, your future goals, the impact of your course etc.
Be part of the picture:
What do I need to do for the surveys?
The process is really simple and does not require you to do anything extra.
- First, be sure to update your contact details and Stay Connected. Remember, the employability team at RGU is here to support you if you need any career support.
- Next, six months after graduation, RGU will be in touch by email or phone with our Leaver Survey and to offer additional careers support.
- Fifteen months after leaving, HESA will send you an email with a personalised link to the Graduate Outcomes survey, however you will need your student number. Be sure to complete this online as soon as you can.
- If you haven’t completed the survey online, you will receive further emails or text messages, before receiving a call where you can complete the survey over the phone.
- After all the survey information is completed, the data will be analysed by HESA and RGU to help inform and improve courses.
- If you do not wish to take part, just let us know. You can reply to the email or let the person on the phone know your name and student number, to allow them to remove you from the list. Your contact details are provided to HESA for this survey by RGU as part of your annual enrolment consent.
If you have questions about the surveys, please go to the Graduate Outcomes website or feel free to get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
How do I access ongoing career support?
If you need support in your future career, remember that you can still access the services provided by the Employability Hub, Level Three, Ishbel Gordon Building.
Tel: 01224 262110
If you have any problems in accessing Moodle, please contact ITServiceDesk@rgu.ac.uk
What happens to my information?
Anonymised data from this survey will be collected onto our student records system for internal statistical analysis and management purposes.
The Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)will send us anonymised data from your responses. This data may be linked to other information about you held by the University, such as any qualification you gained, and information we collect may be added to your Alumni record. The Employability Hub may use your responses to send you information about support they or other University departments can offer you (where relevant to your circumstances). You can let us know if you do not wish to receive this information.
The data will also be used, again in an anonymised form, to inform prospective students (and their parents), current students and graduates of the opportunities available on completion of their courses, on our website and in our graduate destinations reports. It will not be possible to identify you from any published data.
Information about the uses of this data are available in the Student Collection Notice. Your HESA record and survey responses will not be used in any way that could be used to make decisions about you.
Please be assured that your data is not used by external organisations for marketing purposes. Any external organisations receiving this data must sign contracts that require that individuals shall not be identified from the supplied data. Therefore they are not able to contact you for marketing or other purposes.
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, you have the right to a copy of the information held by HESA and ourselves. Find out how to request a copy of this information (which may incur a fee):