She was previously Dean of Faculty at Robert Gordon University. Following early experience in the oil industry Rita has spent most of her career in various academic roles at RGU, with a period as Head of School at Northumbria University in Newcastle. Personal research interests include; Governance, Citizenship, Information Behavior, Media,Communication, Public Libraries, Parliaments, Research Impact, University Management.
Professor Marcella has previously sat on numerous boards, for example:
- Member of Management Development Committee of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Member, National Library of Scotland, Research Development Sub-Committee
- Member, Scottish Institute for Policing Research Board
- Member, Scottish Council for Development and Industry Committee
- Member, Energetica Committee developing regional strategy for a sustainable future
- Member, Grampian Regional Equality Council Board (GREC)
- Member, Board of Albyn School
- Member of North East Scotland Tourism Partnership (NESTOUR) Committee
Register of Interests
All positions, appointments, employment etc (whether remunerated or not) that you hold with any other organisation:
- None except occasional examining of doctoral students at other universities each on a one-off basis.
Details of any self-employed business, consultancy or other activities you are engaged in, whether remunerated or not, or for other reward or gains:
- None - previously had one house rental.
Details of any contractual or financial/non-financial relationship (including Directorship, Partnership, Consultancy, Board Membership, other Appointments or position of authority or influence, whether paid or unpaid,) with any other company, public authority or service or any other organisation, or any other position you have that would or could enable you to influence the award of a contract or allow you to benefit financially:
Details of any ownership of land or property or other holdings within Aberdeen (other than your own main family home) that may be directly or indirectly affected by any known or prospective estate development plan in the vicinity of the city centre campus or the Garthdee campus:
Details of any other interests or matters of equivalence to any of the above:
Details where the interests of any close relative may require to be declared:
- Daughter employed by RGU.