We are delighted to announce our new Online Pre-Sessional English course starting this Summer.
In response to the current global pandemic situation, RGU will now offer an Online Pre-Sessional English course via our Online Campus Learning Environment.
This PSP programme is designed for international students who hold a conditional offer for degree level programme at RGU, starting this September.
This PSP course is only available for students who hold an offer for an undergraduate degree which has an English Language requirement of IELTS 6.0. For those students whose course requires an IELTS of 6.5 or above please refer to our webpages for alternative English language tests that may be useful for you.
FOR ALL STUDENTS REQUIRING A 6.0 OVERALL WITH A MINIMUM OF 5.5 IN EACH COMPONENT
|PSP Start Date||PSP End Date||Duration||Tuition Fee||IELTS Overall Entry Score||IELTS minimum element Entry Score|
|Monday 6 July||Friday 11 September||10 weeks||£3,024||5.0||4.5|
|Monday 10 August||Friday 11 September||5 weeks||£1,512||5.5||5.0|
- The online English courses uses the same established learning material that has been developed for our on campus programme. This includes up to 20 hours of online teaching contact time per week as well as 10 hours of self study.
- This includes face to face sessions with your teachers as well as well as online sessions and support.
- You will be asked to do a range of different activities, such as reading for specific information, writing summaries and preparing for presentations. You will work on your own and as part of a group on these different activities.
- Assessments will include writing an essay, delivering an academic presentation and completing listening and reading tests. This will be done throughout your PSP programme.
- In addition to developing and improving your level of English, the teaching structure supports and prepares you for your onward degree level studies.
- Tuition fees for the programme include tuition, course materials, access to RGU online learning platform and all other material needed to take the course.
- Undergraduate students who successfully complete the Pre-sessional English Programme and meet the required grades to progress to the first or second year of the undergraduate degree course, will receive a tuition fee discount of £3000 towards the first year of undergraduate study.
- In addition, students who successfully complete the Pre-sessional English Programme and meet the required grades to progress to their main programme, will receive the "RGU English Language Scholar Progression Award" - worth £500* towards the tuition fee of their course. This additional payment is in addition to any scholarship noted on your main programme offer letter and will be added to your record upon successful completion of your PSP program.
*The RGU English Language Scholar Award is not available to students from RGU Partner Institutions.
The Student Admissions Service will make you an automatic offer for PSP in with your main degree offer – if you did not receive this or would like more information on our online PSP course this year , let us know by emailing email@example.com