Find out the latest guidance and information about the impact of COVID-19 on the University.
Cormack Family Scholarship
Awarding BodyACCESS RGU
Value£2,000 per annum for duration of four-year degree
Deadline6 September 2020
Quantity of Awards5 awards per year
The scholarship has been made available through the kind donation of The Cormack Family Foundation to widen access to higher education by providing financial support to students from groups traditionally under-represented at university.
Five scholarships will be awarded to undergraduate students who have been offered and accepted a place to study at Robert Gordon University, and can demonstrate financial need, academic merit, motivation and ambition.
The students will receive £2,000 per year as well as mentoring, pastoral care and study skills support, coordinated through the university’s Department for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching and Access (DELTA). This is a student led process to facilitate both academic and personal success.
Eligible Countries of Residence
Mode of Attendance
- On Campus
Mode of Study
- Full Time
- All Subjects
To be eligible for consideration, you must meet of the following criteria:
- Meet the scholarship specific eligibility criteria
- Enrol full time in the first year of your chosen undergraduate degree programme at RGU
- Be Scottish domiciled and classed as a ‘home fees student’
- Have not already obtained a first degree
In addition, you must meet at LEAST ONE of the following criteria:
- Reside in a postcode area which is regarded by the Scottish Government as being within the 40% (Quintiles 1 and 2) most deprived regions of the country as categorised by Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD).
- Reside in a low income household (in receipt of Educational Maintenance Allowance or eligible to claim SAAS bursary i.e. household income below £34,000)
- Have spent time as a Looked After Child or looked After and Accommodated Child, be that at home, in residential, foster or kinship care
- Are currently caring, unpaid, for a friend or a family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction, cannot cope without your support
- Are an estranged student, studying without the support and approval of a family network
How to Apply
Applicants for the Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of their UCAS offer from Robert Gordon University and have formally accepted the offer. Applicants must also have met the Access RGU scholarship eligibility criteria.
Eligible applicants identified during the UCAS process will receive an email invitation with further direction. We also welcome applications from applicants who feel they meet the eligibility criteria.
Applications must be received by the end of 6 September 2020.
An awarding panel will meet at the end of September and successful applicants will be notified in October 2020.