Short Course - 3 days
You will learn to use modern software tools (commercial and open source) to experience the attack process and test defence techniques. This experience can help ensure the survival of an organisation during and after an attack. This course will address areas of ethical hacking; reconnaissance, vulnerability scanning and exploitation, as well as digital forensics and malware analysis.
You will learn to:
- Proficiently use tools and processes to design, implement and maintain secure systems and networks
- Understand legal requirements of information security
- Audit security controls and readiness
- Investigate cyber-attacks and improve business continuity
- Introduction to ethical hacking frameworks
- Knowing the enemy & knowing yourself
- Identifying network devices & sniffing traffic
- Exploiting vulnerabilities & attack vectors
- Methods of attack and approaches to mitigation
- Log file analysis & traffic patterns
Short lecture sessions at our Garthdee campus are followed by extensive hands-on experience, allowing you to improve practical skills and understand the cyber security threat landscape.
The equipment within the School of Computing Science and Digital Media allows you to work within a controlled environment and isolated from risk, enabling the practical aspects of this course to demonstrate authentic cyber security scenarios.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
There are no entry requirements for this course.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Register direct to the university using our online application form.
Have a question about the course? Get in touch with the team and we'll do our best to help.