We recognise your success in gaining a HNC or HND qualification and we expect you will be just as successful at university, but sometimes it can take a little time to adjust to your new environment.
We have a range of resources to help prepare you for university life, and fantastic support services on campus should you need assistance once you start your studies:
- The Associate Student Scheme can help prepare you for university life whilst you are still at college by providing you with access to university resources and advice and guidance.
- We offer travel support to those who live outwith Aberdeen City to visit the campus or attend one of our Open Days or Applicant Days.
- We offer a two-day DegreePrep Programme for some of our degree courses, which provide a blend of practical course information sessions and valuable study skills sessions to prepare you for degree-level study. DegreePrep Programmes are also a great opportunity to meet other students who will be joining your course at the same time as you, as well as teaching and support staff.
- You will have access to study support from our specialist Study Support tutors throughout your studies.
- If you meet the university’s wider access criteria (such as residing in a SIMD20 postcode area or being care experienced), you may also be eligible for additional assistance to support your transition to RGU.
If you have any questions about university life at RGU, or require any further information about support available to students coming from college, please contact one of our dedicated team: email@example.com or 01224 263018