RGU SPORT aims to assist with the development and promotion of sporting excellence in students of Robert Gordon University.
The annual scholarships are designed to help students in every aspect of their pursuit of sporting excellence. The scholarship is not primarily concerned with offering financial assistance to recipients, but is tailored to meet individual needs on a case by case basis.
All sport Scholarship awards include:
- Academic flexibility
- Strength and conditioning support
- RGU SPORT membership
- Sport Scholar clothing
- Access to physiotherapy treatment
- Fitness Testing and Anthropometry
- Academic success support
- Networking opportunities
- Professional Support from RGU SPORT Staff
- Sports Performance Workshops including:
- Nutrition workshop and consultation
- Performance lifestyle
- Physiotherapy profiling
- Strength and conditioning
Applications are open each year between May-August and December-January with awards made in September and January. To be considered for a sports scholarship applicant must be an enrolled student of the University on at least a part time course at Undergraduate, Postgraduate or Research level; or a prospective student of the University awaiting confirmation of award of a place.