To support our community, RGU SPORT have launched our Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay Well timetable.
We'll regularly post content across our social media channels:
- Hacks for Home Work or Study 8:00
- Let's Do This! 18:00
- Out and About 12:00
- Stay Centred 12:15
- Let's Do This! LIVE 16:00
- Get Moving (Chair-based Exercise) 8:00
- Let's Do This! LIVE 18:00
- Stay Informed 8:00
- Friday Fun 16:00
- Let's Do This! LIVE 10:30
- Stretch It Out 10:30
Exercise and Physical activity are essential for both physical and mental wellbeing especially throughout this unpredictable time. Therefore, RGU SPORT alongside the Fit Room have devised workouts and challenges which you can safely do from your home.
Let’s Do This!
With some help from the wonderful Personal Trainers at the Fit Room this session introduces A range of different exercises and live workouts for you to give a try! It is guaranteed to keep you active!
Join Lynn LIVE every Saturday morning on RGU SPORT Facebook for a guaranteed fun and challenging 30-minute morning workout.
Workout with our fitness instructors
A range of workouts to get you motivated and active during lockdown. Workouts are suitable for all ability levels. All workouts can be done in a small space and require no equipment.
Stay Connected with Group Exercise
For many group exercise has become a daily, never mind weekly hobby. This session will be sharing resources and links to make sure you continue to get your GE fix!
Life Fitness Digital Coach
Access new on-demand, at-home workouts every day.
Out and About
Whether you're walking, running or cycling these interactive sessions ask you to share your routes, post your scenery and will challenge you to up your step count.
These Chair based exercise sessions will focus on appropriate exercises to get those with specific health conditions, up and moving!
Your wellbeing is vital throughout this lockdown period. Therefore, our team at RGU SPORT have put together some tips and useful resources to ensure you are staying healthy throughout this time.
Hacks for Home Work or Study
In this session we will be sharing resources and coming up with top tips and life hacks for keeping you comfortable and focussed while working or studying from home.
This session will explore and share different options and resources for remaining calm and staying positive through lock down!
Stretch It Out
Whether you are looking to release tension after your daily bout of exercise or looking to reduce muscle tightness during your day this will session will allow you to stretch off and be more comfortable.
Even in Lockdown we need some Friday Fun! We will be sharing with you the social media challenges that have gone viral and asking you to give it a go and share how you got on!
This slot will focus on sharing key resources from other support services across the university, as well as any new government advice and anything else we think would be handy for you to keep up to date with.
Music can be a great motivator for many tasks and walking, running or cycling is no different! To get you started, RGU SPORT staff have put together our "RGU SPORT Out and About Playlist" on Spotify.
Our playlist is collaborative and we would love for you to add some of your favourites!
Chair based exercise/older adults/health conditions
- NHS Livewell - Strength Exercises (PDF)
- CSP - Seated Exercise Booklet (PDF)
- British Heart Foundation - Chair Based Exercises
- Later Life Training - Chair Based Exercise (PDF)
Mental health and wellbeing while working from home
- British Dietetic Association
- Mind - Mental Health at Work
- Mental Health - Looking after your mental health during Coronavirus outbreak
- Mental Health UK - How to look after your mental health while working from home
- Time Magazine - Work from home tips
- BBC News - Coronavirus: Five ways to work well from home
- Independent - Coronavirus working from home tips
- BBC Good Food - Quick and Healthy Recipes
- NHS Livewell - Eight tips for healthy eating
- Help Guide - Healthy eating
- Food Network - Healthy family dinners
- Tesco Real Food - Healthy Recipes
- Health 24 - Coronavirus Lockdown, stay fit at home best workout tips that are not too technical
- The Body Coach - PE with Joe
- Wired - Best fitness workout apps
General Coronavirus advice and information
- NHS - Coronavirus Guidance
- WHO - Support Nurses and Midwives through COVID-19 and Beyond
- UK Government - Coronavirus Guidance
- RGU - COVID-19 ADVICE for Staff, Students and Community