In support of this security initiative adverts will be appearing on the big screens and staff will receive direct emails. Communication with students will be delivered through the student president managed channels including blogs and newsletters.
Setting Personalised Questions
Log in to the Password Management Tool, select 'My Questions and Answers Profile' and set your answers to a selection of questions.
Once you've set your answers and should you forget your password, you can go to the Password Management Tool anytime, click on 'Forgotten Password’ and answer your questions to set a new password – no need to contact the IT Helpdesk!
Changing your password
You can change your RGU password at any time using the Password Management tool noting that RGU passwords must meet the following criteria:
- Must contain between 8 and 20 characters
- Must contain upper case characters (e.g. A-Z)
- Must contain lower case characters (e.g. a-z)
- Must contain numerals (e.g. 1-10)
- Must not be your last password or your password before that
- Must not contain a blank space
- Must not contain 3 or more repeating characters
- Does not use dictionary words, your name, personal information, cities, football teams, etc.
If you are unable to change your password via the Password Management Tool then please contact the IT Helpdesk for support via the ITS Help online form or visit the IT Helpdesk Account & Password information page.