Aberdeen Business School was named Business School of the Year 2020 (Times Higher Education 2020 Awards) in recognition of our work-based learning, teaching and the innovative approaches of our staff, to ensure we provide all our students with an outstanding business education and produce top quality industry-ready graduates.
The MSc Business and Management Programme compliments this mission, and will provide you with the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge albeit built upon a broad general business understanding. The programme allows students to tailor their studies to suit their developing career aspirations.
Each course in the Business and Management programme comprises of a dual award:
- A globally recognised Master's qualification and
- A Diploma or Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
The Programme comprises a suite of course titles:
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc Business and Management
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc Business Leadership and Management
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc International Business Management
Our courses are delivered at our state-of-the-art campus in Aberdeen on a full-time basis.
Extended Master’s – 12 month placement
We also offer an extended MSc route starting in September, which incorporates a 12 month placement. This route has a total duration of 24 months, following the same teaching programme as the 1 year course. On completion of the 9-month teaching programme (mid-May) you will start your placement no later than September and will complete your placement by the following June prior to graduation in July.
Evidence suggests that graduates who can demonstrate relevant work experience have a better chance of securing a relevant job post-graduation. Building on your academic knowledge, you will develop excellent transferable skills, have the opportunity to build your business networks, have access to future referees and develop your self-confidence. The placement experience is an ideal testing ground for future career choices.
For more information, please visit the relevant course pages and click on Placements and Jobs.
All courses in the programme have been built around four core themes – these themes run through the curricula of each of the named course routes:
- Professionally skilled – regardless of previous academic background, you will graduate with a comprehensive and contemporary range of technical and non-technical skills. You will focus on the academic skills required of you as master's level student, before exploring the professional skills needed in the workplace and in any one of the many professional bodies you may go on to become a member of
- Globally aware – you will consider your own discipline speciality through a global lens and be able to recognise the global economic, social and political trends which impact upon your organisation
- Discipline Specialist – you will build a solid grounding in the contemporary areas of management with modules focusing on finance, economics, HR, marketing, leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation, risk, resilience, globalisation and quality management
- Strategic Thinker - regardless of the discipline specialism chosen, you will develop the ability to provide well researched solutions to contemporary strategic challenges. By understanding the contribution of every member of your organisation to the achievement of strategic success, you will be well placed to progress seamlessly into your chosen field of work
MSc Business and Management courses at Aberdeen Business School are accredited by: