Board of Governors Committees
Chair: Mr Mike Fleming
Secretary: Ms Veronica Strachan
Powers, Functions, Composition and Duties
Information on the remit, composition, statement of primary responsibilities and code of conduct of the Board of Governors:
- To be confirmed
- Board of Governors Minute - 27 June 2019 (PDF 127KB)
- Board of Governors Minute - 19 December 2018 (PDF 217KB)
- Board of Governors Agenda - 2 October 2019 (PDF 132KB)
- Board of Governors Minute - 28 March 2019 (PDF 136KB)
- Board of Governors Agenda - 27 November 2019 (PDF 145KB)
- Board of Governors Minute - 2 October 2019 (PDF 106KB)
- Board of Governors Minute - 10 October 2018 (PDF 168KB)
- Wednesday 2 October 2019 at 9am in H230, Ishbel Gordon Building (Board Strategy Workshop and Board Meeting)
- Wednesday 27 November 2019 at 11am in H230, Ishbel Gordon Building (Board Meeting)
- Tuesday 31 March 2020 at 11am in H230, Ishbel Gordon Building (Board Meeting)
- Wednesday 6 May 2020 at 6pm in N204/N303, Sir Ian Wood Building (Stakeholder Meeting)
- Wednesday 13 May 2020 at 9am in H230, Ishbel Gordon Building (Board Strategy Workshop)
- Tuesday 23 June 2020 at 11am in H230, Ishbel Gordon Building (Board Meeting)
Sub-Committees, their memberships and Conveners will be reviewed not less than every three years.
An essential role of the governing body of RGU is to establish proper arrangements to ensure the effective discharge of its responsibilities. The Board of Governors must secure an effective internal audit service.
Operating on behalf of the Board of Governors where it is impracticable to convene a meeting of the Board of Governors, the Chair's Committee considers urgent matters and matters requiring a high degree of confidentiality and advises the Principal on the exercise of powers relating to the organisation and management of the University.
Finance and General Purposes Committee
The remit includes to advise the Board of Governors on policy, strategy and planning in relation to all estates and financial matters and also includes making recommendation to the Board of Governors for approval of the annual budgets for income and expenditure.
Governance and Nominations Committee
The remit includes to advise the Board of Governors on the evaluation of the balance of skills, attributes and experience required from membership of the governing body. As part of the requirements of the Scottish Code, the Board is required to draw up and make public such an evaluation.
The remit includes to determine the pay policy and related terms and conditions of employment for all staff on senior manager grades, and those roles rated as equivalent.
Staff Governance Committee
The principal purpose of the Committee is to ensure that the University has a clear human resource strategy that has appropriate synergies with other strategies and is appropriate, realistic and achievable.
This is a Sub-Committee of the Finance and General Purposes Committee. The remit includes to consider and make recommendations to Finance and General Purposes Committee on the RGU investment strategy and appointment of External Investment Managers.