Find out the latest guidance and information about the impact of COVID-19 on the University.
Value£2,000 per year, years 2 - 4
Deadline12 December 2019
Quantity of AwardsTwo per year
We’re a global energy business, working towards cleaner energy, while lowering carbon in a safe, sustainable way to help the world keep advancing. It’s only by bringing together diverse people in one, world-class team that we’ll succeed.
BP relies on talented and ambitious business & trading professionals, engineers and scientists. A career in BP gives you opportunities to experience first-hand what we do – whether it’s using the latest technology to find oil and gas, renewables ventures, building platforms in the ocean, developing low-carbon fuels and lubricants, working on the bustling trading floor or supporting the whole business through functions such as HR, Sales and Marketing.
We are delighted to offer students at RGU the chance to secure a scholarship that will support you through your degree (on certain courses) from second through to fourth year.
BP in the North Sea covers the complete industry lifecycle - from exploration for new resources, delivery of new developments through to production. We operate offshore assets in both the Central and West of Shetland sectors of the North Sea.
Features of the BP Scholarship:
- Financial Support as detailed.
- Opportunity to receive mentoring from BP staff.
- Incorporate internships (subject to suitable positions and students completing the formal application process)
- Provision of an industrial-focussed project.
- Offer assistance with the honours year dissertation
Eligible Countries of Residence
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
If your country is not listed, you may still be eligible for this scholarship.
Mode of Attendance
- On Campus
Mode of Study
- Full Time
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management
Aberdeen Business School
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Management with Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Management with Marketing
School of Engineering
- BEng (Hons) | MEng Electronic and Biomedical Technology
- BEng (Hons) | MEng Mechanical and Biomedical Technology
- BEng (Hons) Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical and Offshore Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- MEng Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- MEng Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- MEng Mechanical and Offshore Engineering
- MEng Mechanical Engineering
School of Computing Science & Digital Media
Open to second year students only.
Applicants must be engaged in full-time study at Robert Gordon University on one of the degree programmes listed.
How to Apply
We award our scholarships on the basis of an online application form, short online numerical and verbal tests and a face to face interview in January 2020.
If you are a second year student who wishes to apply, you will need to:
- Complete our online application form. This is now open and closes at midnight on 12 December 2019
- Complete our situational judgement questionnaire and online numerical and verbal tests (if invited)
- Complete a virtual interview (if invited)
- Attend a face to face interview on campus (if invited)
You will need to create a login ID to begin filling in your application form.