Protect and Prepare: Securing Your Business
Applications Now Open
The need for businesses to meet threats, whether they are natural or arising from human activity, has never been greater. Good continuity planning can mean the difference between survival or extinction. The threat from terrorist or extremist activity can take many forms, ranging from bomb threats, chemical or biological contamination, to public demonstrations and property damage. Having someone trained and ready to co-ordinate your organisation’s response to a threat is crucial.
Finalist in the 2014 cHeRries Awards the Training and Development category
cHeRries Awards 2014
Commended in the Counter Terror Project Category at the 2018 Counter Terror Security Awards
Counter Terror Security Awards 2018
Protect and Prepare: Securing Your Business has been designed to equip staff within the organisation with the skills and knowledge required to carry out this critical role. With its special emphasis on terrorist or extremist threats this course will help develop your organisation's resilience.
- Understand why Security and Business Continuity Planning is important
- Learn how to apply Security and Business Continuity Planning to your business
- Identify all elements of an effective Security and Business Continuity Plan
- Be confident gaining buy-in from colleagues and senior managers
- Be able to lead Security and Business Continuity Planning in your organisation
- Boost Continued Personal Development and your professional reputation
The course is delivered in partnership between Police Scotland Counter Terrorism Security Advisors (specialist police advisers who assist businesses and services that might be vulnerable to terrorist or extremist attack) and lecturers of the Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University.
The Partnership won the Award for Outstanding Skills Development Partnership in 2007 (Grampian Police at the time), was a finalist in The 2014 cHeRries Awards in the Training and Development category and was shortlisted and subsequently ’commended’ in the Counter Terror Project Category at the 2018 Counter Terror Security Awards.
The University regularly reviews its courses. Course content and structure may change over time. See our course and module disclaimer for more information.
This course is delivered over two days at the Aberdeen Business School, topics will include:
- The Current Terrorist Threat
- Personnel Security
- Integrating Security Systems
- Bomb Threat Management
Immediately after the first day's proceedings a buffet reception will be held at the university. This is an essential element of the course and is included in the course fee. You are invited to attend this as it provides an excellent networking opportunity.
- Cyber Threats
- Social Networking
- Business Continuity & Psychological Wellbeing Issues
- The Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Threat
- Document Awareness
Table Top exercises will also be utilised to confirm participants understanding of the topics covered.
You will qualify for a Continuous Professional Development certificate issued by Robert Gordon University, and will be better equipped to understand the nature of today’s threat and more significantly how to protect and prepare your business or organisation.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
STUDY SKILLS SUPPORT
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
Benefits of attending this course:
- Encourage security and business continuity awareness across your organisation
- Start planning to effectively protect and prepare your business
- Build customer confidence with robust continuity plans
- Give employees confidence to deal with difficult situations through planning and preparation
There are no formal entry requirements.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Register direct to the university using our online application form.
Have a question about the course or need further information? Get in touch with the Course Leader who will be delighted to help.