Short Course - 15 SCQF credits at level 11
Applications Now Open
You will develop your ability to create a practical strategy for information dissemination, and develop your skill in the practical implementation of these technologies.
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Critically assess a variety of information dissemination technologies
- Critically evaluate the contribution of a range of information dissemination technologies to provide enhanced visibility and performance for an information service
- Apply the principles of information dissemination to the creation of a plan for raising the profile of an information service
- Apply recent technologies in the dissemination of information for an information service
- Web 1 and Web 2.0
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication)
- Knowledge Management techniques
You will learn through a mix of online lectures, interactive work and self-guided study. Attendance at the University is therefore not required.
All learning outcomes will be assessed by an exercise requiring the design and implementation of an information dissemination strategy.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
This course is ideal for students who possess an undergraduate honours degree in any discipline or who have relevant work experience.
All international students, for whom English is not their first language, will need either IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Register direct to the university using our online application form.
Applications close 1 week prior to the start of the module.
Have a question about a Professional Development course? Get in touch with the team and we'll do our best to help.