On completion of this module, you will be able to critically analyse and discuss in a systematic and critical manner the concepts, principles and models related to Supply Chain Management, as well as analytically examine the supply chain within organisations and measure performance improvement. You will be able to synthesise a range of advanced and specialised concepts, principles and models and apply these for operational and strategic improvement. You will also show an autonomous ability for research, problem-solving and an enthusiasm for further learning.
- Supply Chain Types & Structures
- Supply Chain Network Mapping, Design & Analysis
- Supply Chain Design & Coordination at Network, Plant & Functional Level
- Supply Chain Relationship
- Supply Chain Strategies, Tools & techniques – Alignment with Enterprise Goals
- Pricing Policies & Strategies in Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- Low Carbon Supply Chain/Green Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Governance
- Humanitarian Supply Chain
- Corporate Social responsibility
- Energy/RenewableEnergy/Alternative Energy Supply Chain
- Food security
Attendance at the University is therefore not required.
The module will consist of 2 pieces of written coursework including presentation facilitated on choice of media.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
Providing you meet the entry requirements, you would be able to use the credits gained from this module towards the MSc Purchasing & Supply Chain Management.
This is an online distance learning module for which we recommend you already have a good honours level degree in relevant discipline or interest/career in logistics, transportation, supply chain, procurement, purchasing, contract areas.
All international students, for whom English is not their first language, should have either IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL. You should note that modules taken through Professional Development@RGU are not eligible for Tier 4 sponsorship.
This module is suitable for any level (professional, graduates) with the following experience (including study):
- Supply Chain Manager
- Project Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Contract Manager
- Buying & selling related professionals or practitioners
- Suppliers, contractors, vendors, consultants
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Register direct to the university using our online application form.
Applications close 1 week prior to the start of the module.
Have a question about a Professional Development course? Get in touch with the team and we'll do our best to help.