Solution Focused Interactions
Short Course - 15 credits at SCQF level 9 | ECT points 7.5
Applications Now Open
- The theoretical development of solution-focused interactions and the evaluation of the impact of Milton Erickson, and others, on this
- The key factors contributing to the solution focused interview
- The use of solution-focused interactions in your own practice
- The major differences between solution finding and problem solving
- The principles of solution-focused interactions in an appropriate and therapeutic manner within a simulated clinical setting
- Approximately 60 hours on face-to-face learning
- Approximately 90 hours on independent study using online material
- Practical Exam
- Written Assignment
Each constitutes 50% of the total course assessment.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
This module is suitable for registered nurses, midwives, health and social care professionals and other individuals with a basic grounding in communication skills. They should be willing to engage in experiential learning and to share experiences within a group setting.
Normally, you are expected to be able to demonstrate HND level study; however, if this is not the case, you are encouraged to make contact and discuss your circumstances.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Apply for School of Nursing and Midwifery short courses by requesting an application pack by email.
Have a question about the course? Get in touch with the Nursing CPD team and we'll do our best to help.