Commercial Project Management
Short Course - 15 Credits at SCQF level 11 | Commercial Practice for the Energy Sector
Applications Now Open
This module will provide the skills you need for project administration and give insight into the role of the Project Manager through the project lifecycle including termination.
Project appraisal and framing is included and project objectives, determining scope, identifying stakeholders and clarifying strategies will also be evaluated. The techniques used for appraising investment opportunities and establishing an appropriate financial framework will be explored. We cover team selection, project resourcing, commercial engineering solutions and early contractor engagement.
- Critical assessment and evaluation of differing project administrative requirements through their lifecycle within a commercially oriented environment
- Proposal and development of a project business case taking into account the differing stakeholders' requirements
- Critical appraisal of key project selection and delivery models through the assessment of different feasibility options
- Critical appraisal within a problem solving environment the requirements for timely decision making and selection of appropriate strategies for the delivery of projects
Learning will take place through the University virtual campus with a mix of online lectures, tutorials and self-guided study. Each topic with the Module will have a number of self-required and obligatory activities aimed at emphasising the learning.
You are also required to contribute to a number of discussion forums on particular subject matter and case studies.
This module will be assessed by one main piece of coursework and a number of specified activities.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
Relevant industry experience and/or a good honours degree.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
This module is part of a MSc Course which is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Register direct to the university using our online application form.
Applications close 1 week prior to the start of the module.
Have a question about a Professional Development course? Get in touch with the team and we'll do our best to help.