Work Based Learning
Short course - 30 credits or 60 credits SCQF
Applications Now Open
- Concept of work based learning
- Learning agreements
- Evidencing the process and outcome of learning
- Work based learning as negotiated in individual learning agreement to meet personal, professional and/or organisational goals
The University regularly reviews its courses. Course content and structure may change over time. See our course and module disclaimer for more information.
You will learn via online learning materials, activities and discussion.
This course is assessed through written assignment.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
You must be a health care professional.
For Academic Session 2019/2020
- £590 for the 30 credit module
- £810 for the 60 credit module
- To be confirmed for the 30 & 60 credit modules
The following course-related costs are not included in the course fees:
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Apply for School of Nursing and Midwifery short courses by requesting an application pack by email.
Have a question about the course? Get in touch with the Nursing CPD team and we'll do our best to help.