Leading and Advancing Practice
Short Course - 30 Credits Level 11 | ECTS points 15
- Professional, regulatory and legal positioning of advancing practice
- Health and social care policy related to health and social care modernisation
- Leadership theories within the context of developing services
- Their role as a professional exploring the strategic, cultural and organisational challenges that they face
- The skills required to develop and deliver safe and effective service
This module is delivered using online methods, including online chat, virtual classroom and discussion forums. You will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
This course is assessed through written assignment.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
This module is suitable for registered nurses, midwives, health care professionals and other individuals who work in any setting leading and advancing practice.
Normally, you are expected to be able to demonstrate degree level study; however, if this is not the case, you are encouraged to make contact and discuss your circumstances.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities
Apply for School of Nursing and Midwifery short courses by requesting an application pack by email.
Have a question about the course? Get in touch with the Nursing CPD team and we'll do our best to help.