- The biology of growth and maturation
- Definitions and pathways of growth and identification of the overweight / obese child
- Systematic review of interventions to treat and prevent childhood obesity based on school, family and environment
- Energy balance behaviours in children, and examples of recent research in this area across a range of themes
- Debate over parental responsibility and child neglect in extreme cases of child obesity
This course is assessed through written assignment.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
This module is suitable for those with an appropriate honours degree or equivalent professional qualification with evidence of relevant work experience.
IELTS overall band score of 7 or equivalent TOEFL score for international students.
UK/EU Students: £650
International Students: £1,165
The following course-related costs are not included in the course fees:
Course fees are reviewed periodically and so are subject to change for new applicants. All tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in your offer letter. You will also be liable to pay a graduation fee of £40 before receiving a University award.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities