Drilling Cost Reduction
Short Course - RGU Certificate of Completion
Each of the course modules provides guidance on a wide range of engineering and operations management with lessons learned that can help an individual or organisation to reduce drilling costs.
Individuals and organisations who are active in well engineering and drilling operations management onshore or offshore and who are seeking ways to reduce the cost of drilling.
The principle topics include:
- Directional Drilling
- Casing Design
- Cement Design
- Rig Contracts
- Service Contracts
- Rental Equipment
- Incentive Schemes
- Gate Process and Technical Limit
- Procurement and Cost Tracking
- Equipment fitness for purpose
- Drilling Fluids optimisation
- Offset Data Analysis
Identify the key factors necessary to maximise the Return on Drilling investment including how to:
- Identify, avoid and manage risks in contracts
- Allocate sufficient resources for the Drilling project
- Contribute to Drilling projects to meet the well objectives at a lower cost
- Shorten the learning curve to improve Drilling performance
12 webinars and a knowledge check.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities