Introduction to Oilfield Chemistry: Fundamentals
Short Course - RGU Professional Certificate of Completion
This is a course designed to explain the chemistry of oil and gas production and to look at the challenges, treatment chemicals, risks and control measures.
Oil and Gas Technicians working offshore or onshore in a production, testing or well maintenance role.
The topics include:
- Application of chemistry of oil, gas and water in production and injection processes to explain the formation of scales, wax, asphaltenes, hydrogen sulphide and issues of corrosion
- Explanation of the challenges and mitigations
- Explanation of chemicals that can be used for preventing or treating common hazards and precautions for their use
- Issues arising from the incorrect use of chemicals
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the activities that are part of a decommissioning project plan
- Recognise how they interact and schedule them into a successful project timeline
Understand the main legislation that is specific to UK offshore decommissioning including the differences between derogation and non-derogation.
9 short webinars and a knowledge check.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities