A significant number of potential students don’t have the right level of entry qualifications to embark on a higher education degree course and this module is one of four distance learning modules which will allow you to top up your academic credits. The modules are independent of one another and you can select the module that best meets the gap in your learning.
Throughout the module the online materials and individual study will allow you to address the three learning outcomes:
- Identify a range of professional social care values and understand how conflicts and dilemmas may arise in their application
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and requirements of professional development through use of supervision, reflective practice, ongoing learning, stress and time management
- Understand the role of the practitioner within the organisational context in terms of learning, leading and effective team working
This module includes a minimum of a workbook, relevant multi-media content and on line support from the module co-ordinator each week. You have 8 weeks of teaching input and four weeks to develop your assignment.
The Disability & Dyslexia Centre advises and supports students who disclose a sensory or mobility impairment, chronic medical condition, mental health issue, dyslexia and other specific learning differences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-entry visit to discuss any concerns and to view the facilities.
Study Skills Support
The Study Support Team provides training and support to all students in:
- Academic writing
- Study skills (note taking, exam techniques, time management, presentation)
- Maths and statistics
- English language
- Information technology support
In order to apply for degree level courses you require 120 credits at level 7. Completion of this module will provide you with 30 credits and completion of all four modules 120 credits which makes you eligible for application to a range of degrees such as social work, social pedagogy, social science, nursing and community work.
Two passes at higher or above or SVQ111 or equivalent. Applicants should either be in employment or have recent relevant experience of working to support individuals.
For new intakes course fees are reviewed and published annually for each mode of delivery. Tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in the offer letter. For further information see:
Taking this course, you will have access to some of the world's best facilities.
We've invested more than £100 million in the development of our campus, new facilities and new resources.University Wide Facilities