The Mind, Body & Soul • Strength & Tone • Fitness & Aerobic • Specialist
RGU: SPORT runs a number of different group fitness classes, sessions for children and teenagers.
Classes at RGU: SPORT include:
For further details, please refer to the group exercise class timetable:
Please note lunchtime yoga on Tuesday is 12.30-13.30, not as stated in the timetable, sorry for any inconvenience.
Group Exercise Class Fees
Refer to timetable for specific class details
- Pay as you go member - £3.00 Off Peak / £3.60 Peak
- Non member - £4.90 Off Peak / £7.10 Peak
- Pay as you go member - £2.40 Off Peak / £3.00 Peak
- Non member - £3.60 Off Peak / £5.60 Peak
*Concessionary membership for those 60 years and over or in receipt of benefits, details in T&Cs
Children specific classes are also available. Refer to family and children activities and membership book
Monthly, Direct Debit and Annual members receive unlimited classes for their appropriate membership. Refer to a membership book for specific details.
Contract studio bookings are available – firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Exercise Class Booking
- Tickets for classes will go on sale 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the class.
- Attendance is on a first come first served basis
- Class Receipts must be kept and given to class instructor.
- Prior to any class, always inform the instructor of any injuries, illnesses or changes to health status
- Expectant mothers must consult their doctor prior to taking a class. Always inform the instructor if you are expecting or have recently given birth.
- Ensure you are dressed appropriately for the class.
- Bring and drink plenty of water
- Class instructors and studios are subject to change.
Contact RGU: Sport Reception to book your class
Group Exercise Class Descriptions
Mind & Body
- Awareness Yoga: Aimed towards those with more experience in yoga, but all welcome. Asana postures, Mudras, Bandhas and Pranayama for energy and relaxation.
- Body Balance: is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centred and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance.
- Pilates: Pilates concentrates on slow and measured movements in order to create lean and strong muscles.
- Vinyasa Yoga: Stretch tight muscles, strengthen the whole body, de-stress & relax in a calm motivating class.
- Yoga: A combination of breathing and stretching exercises, you will improve flexibility and posture whilst feeling re-energised and relaxed.
Strength & Toning
- Abs Blast: Dedicated to conditioning your mid-section.
- Body Pump: is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast!
- Legs, Bums & Tums: A workout combining a cardiovascular warm up followed by conditioning exercises
Fitness & Aerobic
- Aqua Aerobics: Simply aerobics in the pool. A low impact workout ideal for pregnant women or those with weaker joints.
- Body Attack: is the sports inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. Dynamic instructors and powerful music motivate everyone towards their fitness goals - from the weekend athlete to the hard-core competitor!
- Body Combat: is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as Karate, boxing, Taekwondo, Tai Chi and Muay Thai. Supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors, strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness.
- Circuits: A variety of conditioning exercises combining resistance and aerobic exercises for a whole body workout.
- Cycle Blast: A great way to kick start your morning with a refreshing blend of an indoor cycling and Abs blast class.
- Indoor Cycling: A real calorie burner. using upbeat music has no complex routines or choreography. Highly motivating with classes geared for all levels.
- Jog Scotland: A great way to build up your stamina from walking to a 60 minute run.
- Zumba: Features interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat with a little bit of Latin flavour.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase IV: GP referral class, combining CV and conditioning exercises to maintain quality of life. Attendees to be referred to us from GP.
Kids & Teens
Get 2: Gym
Supervised gym sessions for 13-15 year olds run during school term time at RGU: SPORT. GET 2: IT sessions take place every Monday and Friday afternoons from 4pm to 5.30pm.
These sessions are operated under the guidance of qualified instructors to ensure safe use of equipment throughout the session.
- £2.80 Members
- £3.80 Non-Members
RGU: SPORT has entered into a partnership with King's Camps - the UK's leading provider of children's sports and activity camps for 5 to 17 year olds.
King's are now the leading sports charity in the country and operate from over 33 locations nationwide. They will continue to deliver a safe, fun and creative learning environment of the highest standard in the way that our camps have done so over the past few years.
The camp's extended hours run from from 8:15am to 5:45pm, with a range of flexible options available for working parents, such as mornings only or flexi camps which are 3 days during the week.
For more information or to book a place for your child, please phone 0870 042 9326 or visit www.kingscamps.org. (Please note that all bookings and operations will now be undertaken by King's Camps and not RGU: SPORT.)
Kids Climbing Club
Completed a Learn to Climb, or been to Kids Camps at RGU: SPORT? Why not continue climbing with our Kids Climbing Clubs.
Running throughout school term time the club is open to those who have completed a Learn To Climb course. Meet new friends, improve your climbing or just have fun. This club is a great way for children to keep climbing without having to rely on parents and guardians to be there.
- Two age groups, 5-10yrs and 11-15yrs
- Monday 11-15yrs
- Tuesday and Wednesday 5-10yrs
- 11-15yrs Climbing Club Prices £5.50-Member £6.50-Non-Member
- 5-10yrs Climbing Club Prices £5-Member £6-Non-Member
- Kids Club Kit Hire £2.60
Child members can book spaces over the phone and pay upon arrival to the club. Phone bookings will be taken from 1500 onwards on day of Climbing Club.
In the event where a space has been booked and the child does not turn up the charge will remain against the members account until it has been cleared. Phone booking will only be available to members who have no outstanding amounts on their account.
Want to try something different for a party idea? Why not try a climbing party at RGU:SPORT.
Climbing parties are available:
- Saturdays (Subject to Instructor Availability)
- Sundays (Subject to Instructor Availability)
Parties last for one hour and may include some time in the bouldering room (subject to time and availability.)
Parties are available for ages 5 upwards and for groups of 8 (maximum 16).
All equipment will be provided and is included in the cost of the party.
- Parties are sold on a first come first served basis
- Bookable from the 10th of the month prior to the month in which the party will be run (i.e. Party dates for June go on sale May 10th.)
- Can be booked at reception or over the phone.
- Food can be ordered through Cafe Neo at extra cost.
Parties cost £100 with a group size of 8 (12.50 per person thereafter). Group size 9-16 subject to availability.
After the climbing why not visit Cafe Neo for some delicious food. Set menus for under 8s and over 8s are available. Food is organised directly through Cafe Neo.
Food not purchased at Cafe Neo may not be consumed during the party. Birthday cakes and party bags are permitted.
Please contact Allan Campbell Tel: 01224 263296 E-mail: email@example.com
If parents wish to take photographs of children on the climbing wall during a party, permission must be given by the manager of RGU:SPORT, including permission from the parents of every child attending the party. Any other customers using the surrounding wall at the time of the party must also be consulted.