Tours of our modern world class sport facilities at our Garthdee Campus
The Mind, Body & Soul • Strength & Tone • Fitness & Aerobic • Specialist
RGU SPORT runs a number of different group fitness classes, sessions for children and teenagers.
Classes at RGU SPORT include:
For further details, please refer to the group exercise class timetable:
Group Exercise Class Fees
Refer to timetable for specific class details
- Pay as you go member - £3.10 Off Peak / £3.70 Peak
- Non member - £5.00 Off Peak / £7.20 Peak
- Pay as you go member - £2.45 Off Peak / £3.10 Peak
- Non member - £3.60 Off Peak / £5.60 Peak
*Concessionary membership for those 60 years and over or in receipt of benefits, details in T&Cs
Children specific classes are also available. Refer to family and children activities and membership book
Monthly, Direct Debit and Annual members receive unlimited classes for their appropriate membership. Refer to a membership book for specific details.
Contract studio bookings are available – email@example.com
Group Exercise Class Booking
- Tickets for classes will go on sale 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the class.
- Attendance is on a first come first served basis
- Class Receipts must be kept and given to class instructor.
- Prior to any class, always inform the instructor of any injuries, illnesses or changes to health status
- Expectant mothers must consult their doctor prior to taking a class. Always inform the instructor if you are expecting or have recently given birth.
- Ensure you are dressed appropriately for the class.
- Bring and drink plenty of water
- Class instructors and studios are subject to change.
Please visit RGU SPORT Reception to book your class.
Group Exercise Class Descriptions
Mind & Body
- Awareness Yoga: Aimed towards those with more experience in yoga, but all welcome. Asana postures, Mudras, Bandhas and Pranayama for energy and relaxation.
- Body Balance: is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centred and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance.
- Pilates: Pilates concentrates on slow and measured movements in order to create lean and strong muscles.
- Vinyasa Yoga: Stretch tight muscles, strengthen the whole body, de-stress & relax in a calm motivating class.
- Yoga: A combination of breathing and stretching exercises, you will improve flexibility and posture whilst feeling re-energized and relaxed.
Strength & Toning
- Abs Blast: Dedicated to conditioning your mid-section.
- Body Pump: is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast
- Callanetics: is a whole body, low impact, toning exercise which is suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
- Kettlebells: Kettlebells can be used in ballistic or swinging movements utilizing the whole body along with more traditional press and squat exercises. The displacement of the weight from the hand requires the stabilizing muscles to work. Kettlebell exercises are full body movements requiring all over integratin and core stabilization.
- Legs, Bums & Tums: A workout combining a cardiovascular warm up followed by conditioning exercises
Fitness & Aerobic
- Aqua Aerobics: Simply aerobics in the pool. A low impact workout ideal for pregnant women or those with weaker joints.
- Body Attack: is the sports inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. Dynamic instructors and powerful music motivate everyone towards their fitness goals - from the weekend athlete to the hard-core competitor!
- Body Combat: is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as Karate, boxing, Taekwondo, Tai Chi and Muay Thai. Supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors, strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness.
- Body StepTM: Is the energizing step workout. Using a height-adjustable step and simple movements on, over and around the step you push fat burning systems into a high gear followed by muscle conditioning tracks that shape and tone the body.
- BSPT Bootcamp – Delivered by Barry Stephen Personal Training this class is a combination of circuit training and HIIT methods. A full body workout using various forms of resistance and bodyweight exercises to create a challenging, fun and highly rewarding training session. Ideal class for those looking to lose body fat, tone and improve conditioning levels. The session can be modified for all levels so come along and give it a try.
- Circuits: A variety of conditioning exercises combining resistance and aerobic exercises for a whole body workout.
- CX WORX: 30 minute workout based in cutting edge scientific research , this program is the ultimate way to get a tight and toned core. With dynamic training that hones in on your abs, glutes, back, obliques and slings connecting the upper and lower body, this workout will leave you looking and feeling strong.
- Cycle Blast: A great way to kick start your morning with a refreshing blend of an indoor cycling and Abs blast class.
- Endurance Cycling: Endurance cycling is a great cardiovascular workout. Maintain a fast cadence then progress into a hill climb whilst listening to motivating music on fully adjustable bikes. Builds endurance, strength and tones.
- Fitsteps: It’s the first time that classic Latin and ballroom dancing has been brought together with proven fitness techniques and principles to create not only a programme that can have a fitness impact but also health.
- Indoor Cycling: A real calorie burner. using upbeat music has no complex routines or choreography. Highly motivating with classes geared for all levels.
- Jog Scotland: A great way to build up your stamina from walking to a 60 minute run.
- Metafit: The metafit 30 minute bodyweight training system gets results. It is a functional and effective, metabolic workout using high intensity training.
- Zumba: Features interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat with a little bit of Latin flavour.
- Zumba Gold: Designed for the older adult. Active people who have not been exercising for some time or are physically limited. Lower intensity than Zumba. Same great style of Latin music.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase IV: GP referral class, combining CV and conditioning exercises to maintain quality of life. Attendees to be referred to us from GP.
Kids & Teens
Get 2: Gym
Supervised gym sessions for 13-15 year olds run during school term time at RGU SPORT. GET 2: IT sessions take place every Monday and Friday afternoons from 4pm to 5.30pm.
These sessions are operated under the guidance of qualified instructors to ensure safe use of equipment throughout the session.
- £2.80 Members
- £3.80 Non-Members
RGU SPORT has entered into a partnership with King's Camps - the UK's leading provider of children's sports and activity camps for 5 to 17 year olds.
King's are now the leading sports charity in the country and operate from over 33 locations nationwide. They will continue to deliver a safe, fun and creative learning environment of the highest standard in the way that our camps have done so over the past few years.
The camp's extended hours run from from 8:15am to 5:45pm, with a range of flexible options available for working parents, such as mornings only or flexi camps which are 3 days during the week.
For more information or to book a place for your child, please phone 0870 042 9326 or visit www.kingscamps.org. (Please note that all bookings and operations will now be undertaken by King's Camps and not RGU SPORT.)
Kids Climbing Club
Completed a Learn to Climb, or been to Kids Camps at RGU SPORT? Why not continue climbing with our Kids Climbing Clubs.
Running throughout school term time the club is open to those who have completed a Learn To Climb course. Meet new friends, improve your climbing or just have fun. This club is a great way for children to keep climbing without having to rely on parents and guardians to be there.
- Two age groups, 5-10yrs and 11-15yrs
- Monday 11-15yrs
- Tuesday and Wednesday 5-10yrs
- 11-15yrs Climbing Club Prices £5.50-Member £6.50-Non-Member
- 5-10yrs Climbing Club Prices £5-Member £6-Non-Member
- Kids Club Kit Hire £2.60
Child members can book spaces over the phone and pay upon arrival to the club. Phone bookings will be taken from 1500 onwards on day of Climbing Club.
In the event where a space has been booked and the child does not turn up the charge will remain against the members account until it has been cleared. Phone booking will only be available to members who have no outstanding amounts on their account.
Want to try something different for a party idea? Why not try a climbing party at RGU SPORT.
Climbing parties are available:
- Saturdays (Subject to Instructor Availability)
- Sundays (Subject to Instructor Availability)
Parties last for one hour and may include some time in the bouldering room (subject to time and availability.)
Parties are available for ages 5 upwards and for groups of 8 (maximum 16).
All equipment will be provided and is included in the cost of the party.
- Parties are sold on a first come first served basis
- Bookable from the 10th of the month prior to the month in which the party will be run (i.e. Party dates for June go on sale May 10th.)
- Can be booked at reception or over the phone.
- Food can be ordered through Cafe Neo at extra cost.
Parties cost £100 with a group size of 8 (12.50 per person thereafter). Group size 9-16 subject to availability.
After the climbing why not visit Cafe Neo for some delicious food. Set menus for under 8s and over 8s are available. Food is organised directly through Cafe Neo.
Food not purchased at Cafe Neo may not be consumed during the party. Birthday cakes and party bags are permitted.
Please contact Allan Campbell Tel: 01224 263296 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If parents wish to take photographs of children on the climbing wall during a party, permission must be given by the manager of RGU SPORT, including permission from the parents of every child attending the party. Any other customers using the surrounding wall at the time of the party must also be consulted.
RGU SPORT are running parent and child classes called FITSTARS on Sundays from 4 May – 6 July 2014.
There will be 2 classes:
- 2-3 year olds at 9.10am – 9.55am
- 3-5 year olds from 10.10am – 10.55am
The 10 week block will cost £70
Classes must be booked in a block and payment must be made to secure your booking.
Spaces are limited so classes will be first come first served.
We can also hold FITSTARS birthday parties.
For more details or to book, email Fitstars@rgu.ac.uk or phone on 01224 263666. Payment can be made over the phone or in person.
Fitstars Birthday Parties
RGU SPORT now offer Fitstars birthday parties for between 10 and 25 children.
- A party will be arranged for between 10 and 25 children
- Two trained instructors will be present at every party
- All instructors are PVG checked
- At least one of the instructors at the party will be first aid qualified
- Standard package £8.50 per child – minimum 10 children maximum 25 children
- Food is an optional extra
- Balance for FITSTARS party must be paid at time of booking
Venue RGU SPORT
- Sports hall available for 1 hour
- 45 minutes of FITSTARS party fun!
- Please contact 01224 263098 for details of packages and prices
- Parents are entitled to bring their own birthday cake to the party however, please inform us so we can isolate smoke detectors in the building as appropriate
- If you should have to cancel your party the cost will not be refunded unless the time and venue can be rebooked with an administration fee of £10
- Please give a minimum of 48 hours notice for cancellations
Standard Party Package
- Fitstars Parties invitations
- Fitstars Parties thank you notes
- Fitstars Parties certificate for each child
- A personally designed party theme tailored to suit your child’s needs
- 1 hour Fitstars Parties activities with a minimum of two Fitstars instructors
Book your party
Tel: 01224 263666