Finance and Insurance
Find out about the most common payment plans for university accommodation, how to make your payment and details of the core insurance included in your rent.
If you would like advice about your accommodation payments or are struggling to pay your accommodation fees, the team have a drop-in session every Tuesday between 12pm and 2pm in Room H332, beside the Student Help Point in the Health and Social Care building. If you can’t make that time, contact them on email@example.com or call 01224 263017 or 01224 262129 and they can arrange an appointment for you.
If you have any queries that aren’t covered here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to pay
Recurring Card Payments
This is our preferred method of payment as payments are automatically taken from your registered credit or debit card. Your card details are entered into our secure system when accepting your accommodation offer on RoomOnline. The system accepts all major credit/debit cards, except Visa Electron and Maestro. Please note that our recurring card payment system is a separate secure system from the rent advance payment system, so you need to enter your details again.
If you subsequently need to update the bank card details you have registered for this service, please complete and return by email the Recurring Card Payments Form (DOC 43KB) form to email@example.com or call Accommodation Finance on +44 (0) 1224 263017 to update your details over the phone.
You can make payment online through RGyoU (Log in and click the My Finance tab, then “Make a payment”). This system accepts all major credit/debit cards but is only available once you have enrolled as a student at RGU.
If you are non UK student, you may prefer to pay through Global Pay. Global Pay is powered by our partner Western Union Business Solutions and is available in 37 different currencies with no transaction charges and reduced bank fees.
Pay in person
You can also pay in person at the Student Help Point, Level 3 of the Faculty of Health and Social Care building on the campus. Cash, credit and debit cards (except American Express) are accepted.
Core contents cover has already been arranged for students staying in accommodation booked through Robert Gordon University.
- If you are staying in St Peters Halls or Rosemount Halls you will be covered through the Liberty Living Scheme under policy number HH1088;
- If you are staying at Mealmarket Exchange or Spring Gardens, you will be covered through the Unite Students Scheme under policy number HH1072.
- At all of our other properties you will be covered through the Robert Gordon University Scheme under policy number HH1080.
Your items including laptops, tablets and phones, are not covered outside of your room so you may wish to consider taking out additional cover to protect these essentials.
You must complete the following steps to confirm that your possessions are insured:
- Visit the Endsleigh Student Halls Insurance webpages to review your cover, using the policy number HH1080.
- If you choose, you can add or extend insurance for any items that are not already covered, such as your laptops and mobile phones
- Download a copy of your insurance certificate for safe-keeping
If you have any questions, visit Endsleigh quoting the appropriate policy number.
Robert Gordon University is a Registered Landlord operating under Aberdeen City Council Registration No. 78372/100/05140