Manage your passwords
Manage your own password - Set Password Hints
Then you won't need to contact the Help Desk about a forgotten password.
Log in to the Password Management Tool, click on ‘Setup Hints' and set your answers to 6 questions.
Once you've set your answers and should you forget your password, you can go to the Password Management Tool anytime, click on ‘Forgotten Password' and answer your questions to set a new password – no need to contact the IT Helpdesk!
Changing your password
You can change your RGU password at any time using the Password Management tool.
You will need to know your existing password.
If you have forgotten your password or experience any problems with the Password Management tool please contact the IT Helpdesk via the ITS Help online form.
When creating a password use the following criteria:
- Contains upper and lower case characters (e.g. a-z, A-Z)
- Contains digits and punctuation characters as well as letters, but do not use a space, a vertical bar | or a colon :
- It is at least 6 alphanumeric characters long but no longer than 12
- It is not based on your name, personal information, names of family, etc.
- Never disclose your password to ANYONE.
- Never share passwords.
- Don't use the "Remember Password" feature of applications (e.g., Web browsers, E-mail reader, etc).
- Don't write passwords down and leave them unsecured anywhere.
- If you suspect that one of your accounts or passwords has been compromised then you must report this to the IT Helpdesk.
If you are unable to change your password via the Password Management Tool then please contact the IT Helpdesk for support via the ITS Help online form.
Important Information regarding your IT Account