All students are required to enrol at the start of each stage of their course. For NEW students a link to Enrol Online is provided in the RGyoU Student Portal – Welcome page. Continuing students will receive an email, providing a link to Enrol Online each time they need to re-enrol.
During the online enrolment registration process, you will be required to confirm your personal details, including your home (permanent) address and term-time (contact) address, telephone numbers, and course of study. At the end of online enrolment you will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions of the University. These are provided below for your reference.
- Main Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions- Professional Development@RGU Students
- Terms and Conditions- Associate Student Scheme
NB: New students will receive enrolment details from the Admission Team as part of the admissions process. New full-time Nursing students are required to provide their National Insurance Number and all Nursing students are encouraged to provide their Nursing and Midwifery Council Pin Number when they have this.
How and if you pay your fees will depend upon a number of factors. We have included full information about fee payment - including information for sponsored, overseas, self funding and for government funded students.
Further information regarding payment options:
Any student requiring assistance with enrolment may attend a supported enrolment session at Robert Gordon University, Garthdee, Aberdeen.
Orientation/Immigration Compliance Sessions for International Students will be available for student check-in between 9am and 9:40am in the Learning Centre at ABS.
All students must check-in by 10:00am or they should wait for the next session.
Week prior to start of Semester 2
- Monday 22 January 2018: 1100 - 1300hrs
- Tuesday 23 January 2018: 1100 - 1300hrs
- Wednesday 24 January 2018: 1100 - 1300hrs
- Thursday 25 January 2018: 1100 - 1300hrs
- Friday 26 January 2018: 1100 - 1300hrs
Start of Semester 2
- Monday 29 January 2018: 1100 - 1300hrs
- Tuesday 30 January 2018: 1100 - 1300hrs
All students who will be coming on campus require an ID card to obtain access to University buildings. ID cards are also required for sitting assessments on any campus and for borrowing books from the University Library.
ID Cards are issued after enrolment:
- International Students will be given their ID cards as part of the Supported Enrolment process in the ABS Learning Centre.
- New Full-time Students who have enrolled online and uploaded a photo can collect their ID card 2 days later at the Student Help Point (Health and Social Care Building)
- Continuing Full-time Students can pick up their ID Cards from the Student Help Point at the Health and Social Care Building.
- New Part-time/Distance Learning Students can have their ID Cards issued from either the Student Help Point or they can send in or upload a photograph and the ID Card will be sent out to them.
- Continuing Part-time/Distance Learning Students will have new ID cards sent out.
Photo Upload For Student ID Card
When you have successfully completed your online enrolment, you can use the Photo Upload option to add your image to your new student ID card.
Please prepare your photo to match these requirements:
- Passport Format (Must be a full front view of your head and shoulders only)
- Layout should be portrait as shown in example, landscape (horizontal) photos will not be accepted.
- The file must be in jpeg, png or gif format. Other formats will not be accepted
- File size should not exceed 2MB
- Must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted)
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften photo
You might find it convenient to take a photo using a Smartphone.
This photo will be your student ID card picture throughout your time at RGU. Please keep this in mind when selecting your photo.
If you require a replacement ID card due to loss or damage, students on campus can visit the Student Help Point at the Faculty of Health and Social Care Building, Garthdee If you are a distance learning student, please email the Student Records Team.
Students who wish to send in a photograph either by email or post instead of uploading a photograph should submit the following form. This form should only be submitted by students on a distance learning course or students on a placement:
Postal Student ID Card After Enrolment
After you have successfully completed your online enrolment, please complete the following form to request your new student ID card by post.
This form should only be submitted by students on a distance learning course or students on a full year placement.
Please note forms submitted before the online enrolment process has been completed will be discarded.