28, February, 2014 RGU experts highlight healthy eating at Hazlehead Academy
Experts from the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research will deliver a series of workshops throughout the year.
27, February, 2014 RGU professor takes medicine back to the future
RGU professor to put the spotlight on natural products as a means for medication at a professorial lecture held at RGU next week.
21, February, 2014 RGU to host annual Scottish Cardiovascular Forum
The 17th annual Scottish Cardiovascular Forum (SCF) meeting will take place at the university.
Environmental & Occupational Health
A theme within the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research.
Our research employs cutting edge techniques to address health problems that are presented both within the environment and the workplace. Our interests focus on clinical and basic science research into environmental health and physical wellbeing. Our interests include:
- Development of novel semi-synthetic flavonoids against MRSA
- Triclosan as an antibacterial agent
- Development of novel antibacterial wound dressings
- Tracking the diet of the Scottish population in relation to the Scottish Dietary Targets
- Use of gait analysis to understand chronic back pain
- Assessment of tendon properties and adaptation in patients and athletes
- Self-management of chronic conditions
- Exercise and physical activity in Physiotherapy,
- Movement analysis to aid diagnosis & outcome measurement in Physiotherapy
- Medical evacuation procedures from oil rigs
Professor Cherry Wainwright