21, April, 2015 Boost for young north-east entrepreneurs as city universities open high-tech digital hubs
Young entrepreneurs in the north-east are set for a boost as Aberdeen’s universities gear up to launch two new digital innovation incubators.
26, March, 2015 Health researchers secure Saudi Arabia project funding
Health researchers from Aberdeen have secured significant funding for an innovative project to explore medication errors and adverse drug reactions in the Middle East.
13, March, 2015 Taller, heavier and wider: 3D study charts the size and shape of North Sea offshore workers
The changing shape of North Sea offshore workers over the last three decades is revealed in a ground-breaking study.
Environmental & Occupational Health
A theme within the Institute of Health and Wellbeing Research.
Our research employs cutting edge techniques to address health problems that are presented both within the environment and the workplace. Our interests focus on clinical and basic science research into environmental health and physical wellbeing. Our interests include:
- Development of novel semi-synthetic flavonoids against MRSA
- Triclosan as an antibacterial agent
- Development of novel antibacterial wound dressings
- Tracking the diet of the Scottish population in relation to the Scottish Dietary Targets
- Use of gait analysis to understand chronic back pain
- Assessment of tendon properties and adaptation in patients and athletes
- Self-management of chronic conditions
- Exercise and physical activity in Physiotherapy,
- Movement analysis to aid diagnosis & outcome measurement in Physiotherapy
- Medical evacuation procedures from oil rigs
Professor Cherry Wainwright