Business and Management
AwardMRes | MPhil | PhD | DBA
Start DateFebruary and October
- Entrepreneurship and small business
- Entrepreneurship and small business with a particular interest in family business and the creative sectors – Dr James Cunningham
- Management, entrepreneurship, strategy, planning and policy processes and trends shaping the businesses environment – Dr Abhishek Agarwal
- Sustainable development and the energy sector - Dr Abhishek Agarwal
- Individual sustainable consumption – Professor Seonaidh McDonald
We are also interested in the following broad Business and Management research opportunities:
- Corporate Level Decision Making
- e-Commerce, e-Business and Information Security
- Entrepreneurship in Transition Economies
- Environmental Management and Policy
- Green Consumer Behaviour and Sustainable Consumption
- Growth, Development and Internationalisation of SMEs
- Higher Education Management and Internationalisation
- International Business and Cross-Cultural Management
- Research in specific industries such as Telecommunications and
- Oil and Gas/Energy
- Social Entrepreneurship, Trust and Social Capital
We also offer a Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA), a professional doctorate which provides a dynamic, research-based view of real world management issues. A DBA is equivalent in terms of academic study to a PhD but more applied in nature.
Applicants holding qualifications other than those above shall be considered on their merits and in relation to the nature and scope of the proposed research programme. Applicants will normally register for an MSc/PhD or MRes/PhD with transfer to PhD dependent on satisfactory progress. However, applicants who already possess a Master’s degree which includes a significant research component could be registered directly for a PhD, subject to a satisfactory research proposal, and clear evidence of research expertise.
Any applicant whose first language or language of previous University-level instruction is not English must normally demonstrate competence in English. This should be a score of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
We accept a variety of in-country and secure English language tests, find out more:
Our Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSP) is available for students who have not yet reached the required English level and those who would like to improve their language competency.
Please note, some courses may require a higher standard of English than stated in this page. Contact email@example.com for further information.
For Academic Year 2018/2019
- £4,260 per academic year
- £2,556 per academic year
- £13,660 per academic year
- £8,196 per academic year
FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
- £4,327 per academic year
- £2,600 per academic year
- £14,070 per academic year
- £8,442 per academic year
The following course-related costs are not included in the course fees:
- The cost of books that you may wish to purchase
- Costs associated with your placement / study abroad
- Accommodation and living costs
Robert Gordon University is delighted to offer a 20% loyalty discount on course fees for all alumni who have graduated from RGU.
Postgraduate students will normally make their own arrangements for payment of fees. However, there are a limited number of SAAS funded places on certain postgraduate courses.
There are also sources of funding that are applicable to categories of student.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AWARDS
You may also qualify for a scholarship or financial award:
Course fees are reviewed periodically and so are subject to change for new applicants. All tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in your offer letter. You will also be liable to pay a graduation fee of £40 before receiving a University award.
Our Research degrees usually start in February and October each year. There is no official deadline for you to submit your application, though we recommend you submit it as early as possible in order to ensure we can help you join us at your preferred time.
- Two academic references
- A transcript or mark sheet for all graduate qualifications
- A draft research proposal, or at least a short summary to indicate the potential area of research (Refer to Section 8 of the Application Form)
For applicants whose first language or language of university education is not English, applications must include:
- Certificate of English language competency score of IELTS 6.5 in each of the four test components (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking).
- Students who can demonstrate successful completion of tertiary (university or college) studies in a country whose national language is English, may be exempted from this requirement.