Your University needs you!
Volunteer to make a difference for new students
Student Buddy Scheme
- Do you want to help our new students?
- Do you wish to volunteer for us and give something back to the student community?
- Do you have one to two hours a week spare to help introduce a new international student to University life, perhaps show them round the campus and offer advice on how best to settle in?
Did you know that…
“73% of employers would employ a candidate with volunteering experience over one without”
Volunteering gives you an opportunity to make a difference, meet new people and learn valuable skills, which will enhance your CV and increase your employability. Best of all volunteering is very varied and you can find an opportunity that suits you as an individual!
RGU Student Buddies
The Student Services Department is now recruiting Buddies to support the September 2015 intake of new international students.
Volunteering as a Student Buddy is a unique and rewarding opportunity to help new students adapt to life in the University and to Aberdeen in general.
What does it involve?
You should be able to commit to one to four hours a week, for one month during September / October 2015.
What are the rewards?
- Valuable volunteering experience
- Enhance your CV
- Work towards a Volunteer Award
- Make new friends (you will be paired with another Buddy Volunteer, and between you both will meet with a pool of six to eight new students)
What sort of person is required?
We are looking for students with:
- Excellent communication skills
- A demonstrable knowledge of RGU as well as the City of Aberdeen
- A genuine desire to help new students
Volunteers must also be reliable and professional in their approach to work.
Email your CV and covering letter fully explaining why you wish to be a Student Buddy to BuddiesScheme@rgu.ac.uk
Closing date: 21 August 2015
What Previous Volunteers Have Said
“All in all, it was a terrific experience and am glad I volunteered!”
“My volunteering experience has been very positive, fun and fulfilling. I had a brilliant time, met some great people and will continue to look for volunteering opportunities wherever I go next. The experience has truly been inspiring and contributed significantly to my incredible time at RGU, and I would encourage anyone interested to pursue it!”