Your University needs you!
Volunteer to make a difference for new students
Student Buddy Scheme
- Do you want to help our new students?
- Do you wish to volunteer for us and give something back to the student community?
- Looking for ways to gain some experience, boost your CV and increase your employability?
RGU Student Buddies
The Student Services Department is now recruiting volunteer Student Buddies to support our January 2017 new international students.
You will be introducing them to life in both the University and Aberdeen, offering first-hand knowledge and advice on how to settle in, and how to make the most of their experience as a student at RGU.
Volunteering is your chance to make a real difference. So if you are looking to give something back to the student community, meet new people, and have fun whilst gaining some invaluable experience then apply for the role.
What does it involve?
You should be able to commit to one to four hours a week, for one month from Monday 23 January 2017. You will be allocated a group of new students with whom you will meet on campus, welcome them to both the University and to Aberdeen, and answer any non-academic questions they may have about settling into student life.
What are the rewards?
- Valuable volunteering experience
- Enhance your CV
- Work towards a Volunteer Award
- Make new friends (you will be paired with another Buddy Volunteer, and between you both will meet with a pool of eight to ten new students)
What sort of person is required?
We are looking for students with:
- Excellent communication skills
- A demonstrable knowledge of RGU as well as the City of Aberdeen
- A genuine desire to help new students
Volunteers must also be reliable and professional in their approach to work.
If you would like to be involved, email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to be a Student Buddy to BuddiesScheme@rgu.ac.uk
All CVs will be checked by our Careers team, and brief feedback on your CV will be provided.
Closing date: Thursday 8 December 2016
What Previous Volunteers Have Said
“All in all, it was a terrific experience and am glad I volunteered!”
“My volunteering experience has been very positive, fun and fulfilling. I had a brilliant time, met some great people and will continue to look for volunteering opportunities wherever I go next. The experience has truly been inspiring and contributed significantly to my incredible time at RGU, and I would encourage anyone interested to pursue it!”